Highly efficient microserver in a shared-infrastructure chassis
Pack up to 12 Dell™ PowerEdge™ C5125 microservers in a 3U chassis to promote efficient power use and help lower costs.
Just the Right Size
Efficiency never had so much clout
- Cut costs: The PowerEdge C5125 packs up to 12 microservers in a 3U chassis, sharing power and cooling resources, using only a fraction of the cooling fans compared to a stack of 1U servers.
- Save space: With 12 server nodes in a 3U chassis, the PowerEdge C5000 chassis has four times the density of three traditional single-socket 1U servers stacked together, enabling more computer power per U of rack space.
- Simplify servicing: Power supplies, interconnects and servers are all cold-aisle accessible, enabling a hot-aisle containment layout that is designed to promote efficient cooling and a more pleasant working environment in your data center.
Put your microserver to workEach independent hot-plug server node in the PowerEdge C5125 is mounted on a small sled that slides vertically into the 3U PowerEdge C5000 chassis. 12 such nodes together provide four times the density of three traditional single-node 1U rack servers. The compact system is ideal for:
- Hosting: Help maximize your productivity per square foot with high server-node density and a shared infrastructure that enables efficient cooling and cabling.
- Web 2.0: Fill your need for a Web front-end or a login server with the PowerEdge C5125. Its high-density design is perfect for quickly serving up static Web sites.
Inside the PowerEdge C5125
You can literally see that the PowerEdge™ C5125 microserver is designed for efficiency. The PowerEdge C5000 3U chassis features an optimized shared infrastructure built for 12 compact AMD-powered C5125 microservers, with all the features you need to get the job done while helping cut costs, save space and simplify servicing.
3.5" SATA (max 2 per server)
- 1-socket, 2 or 4 cores per processor
AMD® Phenom™ II X4, Athlon™ II X4, or Athlon II X2
Phenom II X4 L2/L3 cache: 8MB, Athlon II X4/X2 L2 cache: 2MB
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server 11 SP2 x64
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 SP1
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1
Microsoft® Server 2008 Hyper-V® R2 SP1
- AMD SR5650+SP5100
- 2GB/4GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM (1333 MT/s)
4 DIMM slots for up to 16GB
- 4 x 2.5” or 2 x 3.5” hard drive options
2.5” SATA (7.2K RPM): 250GB, 500GB, 1TB
3.5” SATA (7.2K RPM): 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Onboard AMD SP5100
- Integrated AST2050 with 128MB RAM
Option: Y-cable features single VGA
- 3U rack mount
Dimensions and Weight
Width: 44.8 cm (17.6 Inches)
Depth: 75 cm (29.5 Inches)
Weight Minimum/Maximum:19.3 kg (42.55 lb), 51.22 kg (99.21 lb)
- Services (Availability varies by region. Please contact your sales representative for details.)
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Rack Integration (U.S. only, not available in China)
Basic Support with Next Business Day response service
ProSupport with Next Business Day or Same Day 4 hour response service
Keep Your Hard Drive
Embedded BMC with IPMI 2.0 support with 1 x 10/100 Mbps RJ45 connector via the chassis (dedicated) or 1 x NIC port (shared) on the individual sled
Embedded Intel® 82576EB
Microsoft® Server 2008 Hyper-V®
Dell Services and SupportDell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of Cloud Strategy and Planning, Implementation and Deployment, and Managed Support services are designed to accelerate your IT initiatives and grow your business.
Dell Services can be tailored to complement how you manage your environment. Options include, but are not limited to:
- Infrastructure Consulting Services — Helping you optimize your data center
- Custom Rack Integration and Deployment — Providing an efficient and consistent solution for rack and compute capacity configuration
- Expert Level Tech-to-Tech Phone Support — Enabling fast system resolution with online parts ordering capabilities
Dell IT Consulting Services
Dell global infrastructure consulting services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give you rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-orientated plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes.
Suggested Dell ProConsult services for the PowerEdge C server line:
- Cloud Computing Workshop
- Cloud Roadmap Accelerator
- Cloud Computing Design and Implementation
- Data Center Optimization
Dell Configuration and Deployment Services
Dell Configuration and Deployment services don't follow the traditional one-size-fits-all approach. They're modular so you get to choose what you need for your business. Through features like flexible deployment options and asset recovery services, we've got what you need, when you need it.
Our factory, remote and on-site installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities like configuration and deployment, allowing them to focus more on improving your business.
Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling services help you recover and dispose off owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Suggested Dell ProManage services for the PowerEdge C server line:
- Server Implementation
- Rack and Stack
Dell Support Services
Dell has a comprehensive, configurable suite of support services designed to simplify and optimize your IT environment. From desktop to data center, Dell Support services addresses everyday and unique IT challenges through options such as next-business-day support, asset and data protection, specialized onsite services, proactive maintenance and parts management, and remote advisory services — backed by global command centers and expert centers around the world.
- Basic Hardware Services
- Dell ProSupport
- Enterprise Wide Contract
- Dell Online Self Dispatch
- Keep Your Hard Drive
- Specialized OnSite Services
- Remote Advisory Services for Virtualization
Optimized for performance and efficiencyDell PowerEdge™ C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully-supported solutions that include hardware, software, service and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for data analytics, business intelligence and cloud computing.
Dell | Aster Data Analytics Solution
Together, Aster Data and Dell deliver large-scale data warehousing and advanced analytics so you have all the information you need to make the best possible decisions. The combination of Aster Data software, Dell hardware, and joint services and support from the two companies yields a powerful solution for big data analytics.
The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
Take the guesswork out of building and running efficient public and private clouds with a turnkey cloud solution. The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications brings together optimized Dell hardware, Joyent software and joint services, so you can easily and quickly deploy and manage an elastic, on-demand cloud infrastructure with confidence, with as little or as much outside support as you want along the way.
The Dell | Canonical Cloud Solution
Dell and Canonical offer a powerful open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud that leverages Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, Standard Edition, powered by Eucalyptus on Dell PowerEdge C servers with joint service and support. It’s easy to use, compatible with other systems and software and as secure as they come.