Re-invent your data center.
A 2U hybrid rack-based computing platform that combines the density and efficiencies of blades with the simplicity and cost benefits of rack-based systems.
Server blocks powered by latest Intel processorsServer blocks at the heart of the FX architecture are powered by the latest Intel® Xeon® processors. They include:
- FC430: 2-socket, quarter-width 1U high-density server block with optional InfiniBand configuration
- FC630: 2-socket, half-width 1U workhorse server block ideal for a wide variety of business applications
- FC830: Powerful 4-socket, full-width 1U server block for mid-size and enterprise data centers
- FM120x4: Half-width 1U sled housing up to four separate Intel® Atom® powered single-socket microservers offers up to 16 microservers per 2U.
FD332–Flexible, high-density FX storageNow you can rapidly scale direct attached storage (DAS) in your FX-based infrastructures with the FD332 half-width 1U storage module. It lets you create an easily scalable storage environment that supports balanced data growth on an as-needed basis, enabling you to tailor your storage needs to the workloads you are running and avoid overprovisioning. Because it supports SAS and SATA, both HDD and SSD, you can readily adapt to the performance needs of your applications, and when appropriate, you can create software defined storage environments with a combination of hard drives and solid state drives.
The FC830 is a full-width 4-socket server block that combines powerful processors, enormous memory capacity and a highly expandable storage subsystem. It excels at running a wide range of applications and virtualization environments for both mid-size and large enterprises. It can readily handle demanding, mission-critical workloads, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), data warehousing, e-commerce, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), databases and data node high-performance computing (HPC).
FC430 – The ultimate in modular-platform server densityThe FC430 is a compact quarter-width server block that combines powerful processors, great memory capacity and tremendous IO throughput. In its two-storage-drive configuration, it is well suited for mainstream enterprise workloads, such as web serving, dedicated hosting and lightweight virtualization and analytics. In its InfiniBand configuration, it is an excellent option for high-performance computing (HPC), high-frequency trading (HFT) and other workloads that require extra-low latency.
Unified systems management
PowerEdge FC830A powerful full-width, 1U 4-socket server block with dense compute and memory scalability and a highly expandable storage subsystem, the FC830 server block excels at running a wide range of applications and virtualization environments for both mid-size and large enterprise data centers. It features
- Up to four 22-core Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v4 processors (up to 176 cores per FX2)
- 48 DIMMs (3TB) memory (up to 96 DIMMs per FX2)
- Access to 4 PCIe expansion slots in the FX2 chassis
- Up to 8 x 2.5" HDD/SSD or 16 x 1.8" SSD
- Support for Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSDs
- Dual port 10Gb/1Gb Select Network Adapter (SNA)
PowerEdge FC630The FC630 is a half-width, 1U server block with powerful processors and a large memory footprint ideal for hosting virtualization environments or running business intelligence applications, databases and private clouds. It features:
- Two 22-core Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (up to 176 cores per FX2)
- Up to 24 memory DIMMs (up to 96 DIMMs per FX2)
- Two 2.5" HDDs or up to eight 1.8" SSDs
- Support for up to two Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSDs
- Dual- and quad-port 10Gb and quad-port 1Gb Select Network Adapter (SNA)
- Access to two PCIe expansion slots in the FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC430With its ultra-compact quarter-width form factor (up to eight servers per FX2 chassis), the FC430 offers the perfect balance of performance, memory and high-speed I/O for mainstream enterprise workloads, including midsized virtualization and database environments. Its exceptionally small failure domain enables data centers to host a large number of virtual machines and applications on physically discrete servers, minimizing the impact of potential failures on overall operations. The FC430 also has an InfiniBand version designed for workloads requiring extra-low latency, like High-Frequency Trading (HFT) and High-Performance Computing (HPC/HTC).
The FC430 features:
- Two multi-core Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (up to 224 cores per FX2)
- Up to 8 memory DIMMs (up to 64 DIMMs per FX2)
- Two 1.8" SATA SSDs or one 1.8" SATA SSD (w/front IB Mezzanine port)
- Dual-port 10Gb LOM
- Access to one PCIe expansion slot in the FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FD332The FD332 provides massive direct attached storage (DAS) capacity in easily scalable, modular half-width, 1U blocks. Each block can house up to 16 direct-attached small form factor (SFF) storage devices. Combined with FX servers, the FD332 drives highly flexible, scale out computing solutions and is an excellent option for dense VSAN environments using optimized ratios of HDD/SSD storage (including all flash).
- Up to 16 SFF 2.5" SSDs/HDDs , both SATA and SAS
- Up to three FD332 blocks per chassis (with one FC630 for processing). Other storage options include one or two blocks with different combinations of server blocks
- 12Gbps SAS 3.0 and 6Gbps SATA 3.0
- PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC9), single or dual controllers, RAID or HBA modes, or mix and match modes with dual controllers
PowerEdge FM120x4The FM120x4 block is a half-width sled that holds four separate single-socket microservers. With up to 16 microservers per FX2 enclosure, the FM120x4 is a cost-effective, high-density solution, ideal for web serving, dedicated hosting and lightweight analytics. Each microserver features:
- One Intel® Atom™ C2000 System on a Chip (SoC) processor with 2-, 4- or 8-core options (up to 128 cores per FX2)
- Two DIMMs of memory (up to 32 DIMMs per FX2)
- One 2.5" HDD or two 1.8" HDD (up to 16 x 2.5" HDD or 32 x 1.8" HDD per FX2)
- NIC integrated on chip
Dell Networking FN IO ModuleThe FN IO Module (FN IOM) is designed specifically for the PowerEdge FX2 modular-infrastructure chassis, part of the PowerEdge FX architecture. Supporting up to two FN IOMs per chassis, the FX2 modular infrastructure also includes up to 8 x 10GbE internal ports, plus redundant cooling fans and power supplies.
FN410s 4-port SFP+ IO Module
- 4 ports of SFP+ 10GbE connectivity
- Supports optical and DAC cable media
- 4 ports of 10GBASE-T connectivity
- Supports cost-effective copper media up to 100 meters
- Up to 2 ports of 2/4/8Gbps Fibre Channel2 plus 2 ports of SFP+ 10GbE
- Up to 4 ports SFP+ 10GbE (with reboot)
- NPG fibre