The PowerEdge™ M910 is an Intel® processor-based high-performance 4-socket full-height blade server ideal for organisations that require maximum performance and scalability for core applications while minimizing their power and physical space
- Featured at $7,886.00*
View all options
Powerful, Scalable and Compact
- The PowerEdge™ M910 was designed to meet the needs of nearly any IT environment. Built with powerful Intel® Xeon® Processor 7500 Series and advanced systems management capabilities, the M910 is ideal for the demanding applications at the core of most data centers.
- Dell™ FlexMem Bridge technology enables the M910 to seamlessly scale from 4GB to 512GB of Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) RAM in either two-socket or four-socket configurations. This patent-pending technology enables Dell™ to deliver a unique platform that can grow as your needs dictate.
- By delivering these capabilities in a blade server, Dell™ enables your organization to add significant performance in an exceptionally energy efficient and easily managed form factor. With eight four-socket servers per 10U of rack space, the M910 offers more than three times the density of traditional 4U rack-optimized four-socket servers.
Focused on Quality and Reliability
Simplified Systems ManagementThe next-generation Dell™ OpenManage™ suite offers advanced operations and standards-based commands designed to integrate with existing systems for effective control.
- The Dell™ Management Console, powered by Altiris from Symantec, delivers a single view and a common data source into the entire infrastructure. Dell™ Management Console is built on the Symantec™ Management Platform (formerly Altiris® Notification Server), an easily extensible, modular foundation that can provide basic hardware management or more advanced functions such as asset and security management. Dell™ Management Console helps reduce manual processes so less time and money can be spent keeping the lights on and more time can be spent on strategic uses of technology.
- Lifecycle Controller is the engine for advanced systems management integrated on the server. Lifecycle Controller is designed to simplify administrator tasks to perform a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This can eliminate the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- The Dell Unified Server Configurator delivers a single access point for secure, efficient and user-friendly infrastructure management. Embedded and integrated into the system, it provides quick and consistent access, excellent flexibility and advanced capabilities. With built-in driver installations, firmware updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics, the USC tool is a one-stop shop for operating system deployment.
- Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 and 6500 series
Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft® Hyper-V™ through Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008
VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit www.dell.com/OSsupport.
Up to 1TB (32 DIMM slots) 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1333MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware vSphere ESX and ESXi
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K)
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to two 2.5" SAS or SSD drives
I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Fully populated mezzanine card slots and switch modules will yield 3 highly available, redundant I/O fabrics per blade.
1Gb and 10Gb Ethernet:
Broadcom® Dual Port 1Gb Ethernet with TOE (BCM-5709S)
Intel® Quad Port 1Gb Ethernet
Broadcom Quad Port 1Gb Ethernet (BCM-5709S)
Intel Dual Port 10Gb Ethernet
Broadcom Dual Port 10Gb Ethernet (BCM-57711)
10Gb Enhanced Ethernet and Converged Network Adapters (CEE/DCB):
Intel Dual Port 10Gb Enhanced Ethernet (FCoE Ready for Future Enablement)
Emulex® Dual Port Converged Network Adapter (OCM10102-F-M)—Supports CEE/DCB 10GbE + FCoE
QLogic® Dual Port Converged Network Adapter (QME8142)—Supports CEE/DCB 10GbE + FCoE
QLogic Dual Port Converged Network Adapter (QME8242-k)—Supports 10GbE + NPAR
Brocade® BR1741M-k Dual-Port Mezzanine CNA
QLogic Dual Port FC16 HBA (QME2662)
Emulex Dual Port FC16 HBA (LPm16002B-D)
QLogic Dual Port FC8 HBA (QME2572)
Emulex Dual Port FC8 HBA (LPe1205-M)
Emulex 8 or 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel Pass-Through Module
Mellanox® ConnectX®- 3 Dual Port FDR10
Mellanox ConnectX-2 Dual-Port QDR
- PERC H200 Modular (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 Modular (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache
- Two embedded Broadcom NetExtreme II Dual Port 5709S Gigabit Ethernet NICs with failover and load balancing.
TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Server 2003 SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack. iSCSI Offload supported on Windows Server 2003 SP1 or higher, Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10. Scalable Networking Pack for Windows 2003 is not required. Boot from SAN (iSCSI and FC) supported.
Optional add-in NICs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
Optional add-in HBAs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory
- Rack Support
Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
Hot-plug hard drives, ECC memory, redundant embedded hypervisor, Intel Xeon 7500 & 6500 series processors with enhanced RAS features
- Dell™ OpenManage™ software tools
Dell Management Console Integration with 3rd party management solutions via Dell’s Certified Partner Program
Altiris® Deployment Solution for Dell Blade Servers
Designed to help reduce deployment time from hours to minutes
Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)
Out of Band alerting, status, inventory, and troubleshooting via Secure Web GUI / CLI (telnet/SSH)
vMedia (virtual media) - Map optical or hard drives to the blade from remote workstations over a network
vKVM (virtual KVM) out-of-band remote console redirection-supports Java or ActiveX plug-ins IPMI 2.0 support
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10º C to 35º C (50º F to 96º F)
Storage: -40º C to 65º C (-40º F to 149º F)
Operating: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: 0.26 Grms at 5-350Hz in operational orientations
Storage: 1.54 Grms at 10-250Hz in all orientations
Operating: Half sine shock in all operational orientations of 31 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10%
Storage: Half sine shock on all six sides of 71 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2 ms +/- 10%
Operating: -15.2m to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600m (-50 ft 35,000 ft)
With Dell Compellent™, Dell EqualLogic™, Dell PowerVault™, and Dell/EMC, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), Internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.
The Value of Dell Storage:
Storage Area Network
Dell Global Services include a wide, customizable range of choices to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment and to help you transition from platform to platform.
Depending on your current business requirements and the level of service you want, we can provide you with factory, on-site, remote, modular and specialized services that fit your needs and budget. We’ll help you with a little or a lot — your choice — and provide you with access to our global resources such as our Global Command Centers.
Dell IT Consulting Services
Dell Global Infrastructure Consulting Services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver returns on investment (ROI) and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The results are practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center optimization to server virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell Managed Services
Dell Managed Services are a modular set of lifecycle services designed to help customers automate and centrally configure, deploy and manage their day-to-day data center operations. These services extend a customer’s existing on-premise IT infrastructure with off-premise cloud services designed to better address challenges with mobility, highly distributed organizations, security, compliance, business continuity and disaster preparedness.
Deploy: Our factory, remote and on-site installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities, such as configuration, customization and deployment, enabling delivery of systems that are ready to work right out of the box.
Operate: Dell can help optimize your data center operations, including storage, backup and virtual environments by focusing on remote monitoring, reporting and alerts, along with full remote management for storage and backup environments, to free up IT resources.
Protect: Dell Data Center Backup Management Services are available to assist you with reporting to help refine service-level agreement (SLA) requirements, to provide monitoring to improve process efficiency or for the full management of your backup environment.
Recovery and Recycling: Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling Services help you recover and dispose of owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Dell ProSupport is a suite of support services that enable you to build the solution that’s right for your organization. Choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. From the desktop to the data center, address everyday IT challenges, such as unplanned downtime, mission-critical needs, data and asset protection, support planning, resource allocation, software application management and more. From basic support to remote support services, optimize your IT resources by prescribing the right support model.
A Smarter Path to VirtualizationUnderstanding how to effectively apply virtualization in such a rapidly changing market can be challenging. Dell helps you address your needs today without limiting your options tomorrow. With architecture and management strategies grounded in open standards, Dell enables a modular approach to infrastructure scaling.
Tap into our extensive pool of virtualization expertise, innovative tools and automated analysis to help you quickly assess your environment and plan a virtualized infrastructure that meets your specific needs.
Your complete solution for Oracle® Database environmentsWe're your source for the entire Oracle Database solution — including servers, storage, systems management, operating systems, services, support and the complete line of Oracle software. The entire solution stack is tested and supported by Dell — and we offer services to help you accelerate deployment.
Servers: The Dell PowerEdge Server family provides outstanding performance and value, proven by multiple TPC price/performance leadership proof-points. With multicore processors, you could have dramatic system performance increases.
Storage: Your mission-critical data can be protected with Dell. With multiple storage offerings comprising our Dell/EMC, PowerVault and EqualLogic™ brands, users can scale from the smallest departmental database to the largest global enterprise.
Dell storage arrays are ideally suited for Oracle environments because they deliver high data availability and replication; powerful storage management and exceptional performance; and affordability with choices, including serial attached SCSI (SAS), serial ATA (SATA) and Fiber Channel.
Software: Dell offers tested and validated solutions for the Oracle Database on both Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® operating systems. These operating systems can ship from Dell factories preinstalled on the server. Additionally, Oracle Database, Technology Applications and Business Applications are available directly from Dell.
Systems Management: Dell OpenManage gives you a flexible way to manage and update your Oracle Database environment using a common tool set from a single console that supports both Linux and Windows. OpenManage offers integrated deployment, monitoring, and change-management capabilities that update server software, operating systems, databases and applications.
Services: Dell offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to help you efficiently and cost-effectively assess, design and implement an Oracle Database solution. All services are delivered through Dell, offer a single point of accountability and offer the combined expertise of Dell, Microsoft, Red Hat and Oracle Consulting Services (OCS).
Microsoft Exchange 2010Deploying Microsoft Exchange 2010 on the latest generation of Dell servers and storage can offer your organization advanced user productivity on a significantly more efficient infrastructure. As mobile access and global workforces become the norm, enterprises must stay abreast of constantly changing challenges surrounding data access, operational efficiency, security and data protection. Enterprises are implementing comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end messaging solutions that incorporate not only email, but also voicemail, instant messaging, and Web and audio video conferencing. With a wide array of new features and capabilities specifically designed to help enterprises address these imperatives, Dell and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 are evolving to address today’s messaging needs.
Dell has years of experience migrating millions of Exchange mailboxes. This experience helps ensure that your business has seamless, customized deployments backed by world-class training, service and support. Our worldwide services network encompasses 52,000 technologists in 180 countries who have helped with the migrations of over 4 million Exchange and Active Directory® users.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter™
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a preboot execution environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.