Enterprise-class server with the right balance of performance and value
The PowerEdge™ R310 is an Intel® processor-based enterprise-class 1-socket rack server that provides advanced systems management and redundancy options for web, email, SAN proxy, DHCP server, video streaming, security and file/print services.
Easy to ManageThe Dell™ PowerEdge™ R310 helps you focus on running your business. The optional advanced embedded management engine, the Lifecycle Controller, automates common management tasks and enables zero-media, low-touch deployment that is efficient, secure and user-friendly.
- The optional Dell™ Lifecycle Controller is integrated on the server and can simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media. With the automation of the Lifecycle Controller server deployment, the R310 is up and running fast.
- The Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio also includes the Dell™ Management Console, which is included with every Dell™ server and which provides IT administrators with a consolidated console view of their IT infrastructure.
Business ValueYou are serious about your business, and you need a server that can handle serious business. The PowerEdge R310 rack server has the right balance of performance, enterprise-class features and business value to meet the needs of small to midsized businesses and branch offices alike.
- The PowerEdge R310 has price/performance that includes options for full redundancy in power supplies and hot-swap hard drives.
- The processor options and memory configurations are balanced to run typical business applications such as Windows® Small Business Server, Business Center Essentials, SQL Workgroup/Standard, Oracle® 11g Standard, VMware®, Active Directory®, SharePoint® and file/print.
- The PowerEdge R310 helps you keep your data safe with multiple RAID options and up to four 2.5- or 3.5-inch hard drives.
By listening to and focusing on the details, we have delivered on our customers’ inspiration — simplicity of operations married with innovative design features. We see the Dell™ design as a revolution of system commonality and customer-inspired usability.
- All external ports, power supplies and LED lights/LCD screens are in the same location for familiar user experience as well as easy installation and deployment.
- The PowerEdge™ R310 streamlined design also provides quiet acoustics and an optional interactive LCD screen positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
- Robust, metal hard drive carriers and organized cabling are designed to improve component access and airflow across the server
- One Dual-core Intel® Celeron® G1101
One Dual-core Intel® Pentium® G6950
One Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3 500 Series Processor
One Quad-core Intel® Xeon® 3400 series processor
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 R2
Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft® Windows® Essential Business Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™)
Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Optional Embedded Hypervisors:
Citrix® XenServer® Enterprise 5.6 x86-64
VMware® vSphere™ Version 4.0 (including ESX v4.0.1/ ESXi v4.0.1, ESX 3.5.5/ESXi 3.5.5)
- Intel 3420
- Up to 48GB (6 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB up to 1333MT/s
- Hard Drives:
3.5” cabled SATA (7.2K RPM): 160GB*, 250GB*, 500GB*, 1000GB*, 2000GB*
3.5” cabled Near Line SAS (7.2K RPM): 500GB*, 1000GB*, 2000GB*
3.5” hot-swap SAS (15K RPM): 146GB*, 300GB*, 450GB*, 600GB*
3.5” hot-swap SAS (10K RPM): 600GB*
3.5” 6Gps SAS (7.2K): 2TB*
2.5” hot-swap SAS (10K RPM): 146GB*, 300GB*
2.5” hot-swap SSD 50GB*, 100GB*
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 12TB*
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to four 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 2 PCIe G2 slots:
One x8 slot
One x1 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC S100 (software based)
PERC S300 (software based)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache;512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6Gbps SAS HBA
- Broadcom 5716 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter
Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE/iSCSI Offload Server Adapter
Intel PRO/1000 PT Single Port Server Adapter
Brocade® CNA Dual-port adapter
Optional add in HBAs:
QLE2562 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
LPe12002 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
QLE2560 FC8 Single Channel HBA
LPe12000 FC8 Single Channel HBA
Brocade® FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- Hot-plug hard drives
hot-plug redundant power supplies
DDR3 ECC memory
quad-pack LED or an interactive LCD display screen
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- R310 physical dimensions:
42.4 x 434.0 x 610 (mm) ( w/o bezel)
1.67” H x 17.10” W x 24.00” D (in)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes, with support for optional tool-less cable management arm
ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post (Telco) racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Optional: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC6 Enterprise, and vFlash
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.