Multi-purpose, high-capacity value rack server
The PowerEdge R510 is an Intel processor-based 2-socket, 2U rack server ideal for department, branch or small business database tasks, email, virtualization, workload consolidation and core business applications with large, local storage needs.
Right Sized, Flexible Technology and Business Value
The R510 can serve the needs of small and medium businesses or corporate environments by providing an excellent platform for core business applications such as Microsoft® SQL Server® and Microsoft® Exchange.
- Advanced systems management capabilities
- Short and dense 24" chassis
- High availability and redundancy features
- Cost-effective RAID option
- Large amounts of internal storage capacity
Purposeful DesignThe PowerEdge™ R510 follows the 11th-generation PowerEdge™ portfolio behavioral specifications and features the same system design commonality and reliability true to the entire portfolio. All 11th-generation servers are built with user ease in mind.
Simplified Systems Management
The Lifecycle Controller helps to deliver faster server deployment and update capabilities from a bare-metal pre-operating system (OS) environment
- The Lifecycle Controller is a chip that is integrated on the server. It helps to simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- Also part of Dell's systems management portfolio is the Dell Management Console, part of OpenManage™ , which is included with every Dell server and provides IT managers with a single console view of their entire IT infrastructure.
- Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 and 5600 series
Six-core Intel® Xeon®
Quad-core Intel® Xeon®
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)3
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit www.dell.com/OSsupport.
- Intel 5500 chipset
- Up to 128GB (8 DIMM slots) 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3
Up to 1333MHz
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
- Hard Drive Options:
3.5" SATA(7.2K RPM): 160GB*, 250GB*, 500GB*, 1TB*, 2TB*
3.5" Near Line SAS(7.2K RPM): 500GB*, 1TB*, 2TB*
3.5" 6 Gps SAS(7.2K): 2TB*
3.5" SAS(15K RPM): 146GB*, 300GB*, 450GB*, 600GB*
3.5" SAS (10K RPM): 600GB*
2.5" SAS (10K RPM): 146GB*, 300GB*, 600GB*
2.5" SATA SSD: 25GB*, 50GB*, 100GB*
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 12TB-37.8TB (depending on chassis)
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to eight or twelve 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 3 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
One x8 slot
Two x4 slots
One Storage x4 slot
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1G Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/i with 256MB battery-backed cache
PERC S100 (software based, available for 4-HDD configuration)
PERC S300 (software based, available for 4-HDD and 8-HDD configurations)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1G Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- One Dual-Port Broadcom 5716 Gigabit NICs
- Intel 10G Base-T Single Port NIC
Broadcom® BMC5771 10 Base-T Copper Single Port NIC
Intel PRO/ 1000 PT Single Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCIe x1
Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Copper, PCIe x4
Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCIe x4
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ 5709 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet NIC, Copper, w/TOE PCIe x4
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ 5709 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet NIC, Copper, TOE/iSCSI PCIe x4
Intel PRO/1000 VT Quad Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Copper, PCIe x4
Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCIe x4
Brocade® CNA Dual-port adapter
Emulex® CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-IX-D
Emulex® CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-FX-D
Brocade® FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- 4 hard drive configuration:
Non-redundant 480W power supply
8 and 12 hard drive configruation:
750W redundant and non-redundant hot-plug power supply
- Hot-swap hard drives, redundant power, ECC memory, Quad-Pack LED or LCD screen (depending on chassis)
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- 4 and 8 HDD Chassis
3.40 H x 17.19 W x 24.00 D (in)
86.4 H x 436.6 W x 609.6 D (mm)
12 HDD Chassis
3.42 H x 17.53 W x 26.17 D (in)
86.7 H x 445.2 W x 664.6 D (mm)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for 4-post racks with support for optional cable management arm, or ReadyRails™ static rails for 4-post and 2-post racks
1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Lifecycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Unified Server Configurator
Environmental Operating Conditions
Typically configured 3.5" cable chassis in 23 ± 2 °C ambient
Idle 4-HDD: LwA-UL = 5.4 bels; LpA = 40 dBA
Idle 8-HDD: LwA-UL = 5.6 bels; LpA = 42 dBA
- Regulatory Model: E12S (4/8 Hard Drives Configurations)
Regulatory Type: E12S001 (4/8 Hard Drives Configurations)
Regulatory Model: E13S (12 Hard Drives Configuration)
Regulatory Type: E13S001 (12 Hard Drives Configuration)
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
With Dell Compellent™, Dell EqualLogic™, Dell PowerVault™, and Dell/EMC, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), Internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.
The Value of Dell Storage:
Storage Area Network
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware® vCenter™
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.