Value and performance in a four-socket, 2U rack server
The PowerEdge™ R815 is an AMD processor-based 4-socket, 2U rack server ideal for customers seeking a combination of value, systems management and performance in virtualisation, database, HPC and other highly threaded application implementations.
- AMD Opteron™ 6100, 6200 and 6300 series processors
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V through Microsoft Windows Server 2008
VMware® vSphere® ESX™ and ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- AMD (SR5650, SR5670 and SP5100)
- Up to 1TB (32 DIMM slots) 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to six 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- 6 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
Five x8 slots
One x4 slot
One x4 Storage slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/i with 256MB battery-backed cache
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- Two Dual-Port Broadcom 5709C Gigabit NICs
- Intel® 10GBase-T Copper Single-Port NIC, PCIe x8
Intel Single-Port Server Adapter, 10 Gigabit, SR Optical, PCIe x8
Broadcom® BMC57710 10Base-T Copper Single-Port NIC, PCIe x8
Broadcom 10GbE NIC, Broadcom Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
Intel Gigabit ET Dual-Port Server Adapter
Intel Gigabit ET Quad-Port Server Adapter
Brocade® CNA Dual-Port adapter
Emulex® CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-IX-D
Emulex CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-FX-D
Optional add in Fibre Channel HBAs:
QLogic® QLE2462 FC4 Dual-Port
QLogic QLE220 FC4 Single-Port
QLogic QLE2460 FC4 Single-Port
QLogic QLE2562 FC8 Dual-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
QLogic QLE2560 FC8 Single-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
QLogic QLE2660 FC16 Single-Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
QLogic QLE2662 FC16 Dual-Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
Emulex® LPe-1150 FC4 Single-Port, PCIe x4
Emulex LPe-11002 FC4 Dual-Port, PCIe x4
Emulex LPe-12000, FC8 Single-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
Emulex LPe-12002, FC8 Dual-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
Brocade FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- One hot-pluggable non-redundant 1100W power supply
Two hot-pluggable redundant 1100W power supplies
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, dual SD modules, ECC memory, and an interactive LCD screen
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- Rack Chassis
3.40 H x 18.99 W x 28.25 D (in)
8.64 H x 48.24 W x 71.75 D (cm)
Sliding ReadyRails™ for 4-post racks, static ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks, and optional support for cable management arm
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC6 Express, with optional upgrade to iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Microsoft® System Center Essential (SCE) 2010 v2
Purpose-Built for Reliability
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Systems Management
Along with its adherence to open standards, Dell’s systems-management portfolio focuses on simplicity, efficiency, cost containment and cost reduction. Additionally, we’ve integrated our management solutions with third-party offerings to provide your organization with a holistic focus across the solutions stack.
- Purpose-built to provide a reliable foundation, and balanced with next-generation AMD processors, advanced memory capacity and energy-efficient technologies, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 offers an ideal combination of value and performance.
- Featuring AMD Opteron™ processor technology, the PowerEdge R815 is designed to handle demanding workloads with outstanding speed, stability, efficiency and bottom-line value. The PowerEdge R815 offers an ideal solution for virtualization, medium to large databases, email, high-performance computing (HPC) environments and other highly threaded applications.
- Dell aims to bring value to your business by including the features you need for your specific IT environment. Our goal is to deliver outstanding performance and value through tailored, intelligent platforms based on industry standards and purposeful, innovative design.
Along with rising energy costs, limitations on space, power and cooling capacity present enormous challenges for IT. PowerEdge servers drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. Our energy-efficient system design, built with Energy Smart technologies, can help to manage power in your specific environment.
Global Services and SupportDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide.
Contact your Dell representative today for more information or click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.