- PowerEdge R940 Server
- 2x Intel® Xeon® Gold 5115 2.4G, 10C/20T, 10.4GT/s 2UPI, 14M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400
- No Operating System
- 8GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Single Rank
- C7, Unconfigured RAID for HDDs or SSDs (Mixed Drive Types Allowed)
- 120GB SSD SATA Boot 6Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Drive, 1 DWPD, 219 TBW
- 3 Years ProSupport with Next Business Day Onsite Service
- Front drive bays:
Up to 24 x 2.5” drives (up to 12 x NVMe)
Max Storage 122 TB
- Form factor:
- Network daughter card options:
4x 1Gb, 4x 10Gb, 2x 10Gb+2x 1Gb, or 2x 25Gb
Video, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC Direct USB
Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Up to 13 x Gen3 slots, (3 x8 + 10 x16)
- Optional LCD or Security bezel
- Platinum 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, 336-
380VDC 1100W, Gold 48VDC 1100W
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option 8 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
- Internal controllers:
PERC S140, H330, H730P, H740P Boot optimized Storage Subsystem
External HBAs (RAID):
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12 Gbps SAS HBA
- IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise) Quick Sync 2 wireless module optional
OpenManage Power Center
Maximize application performance and eliminate I/O bottlenecksEmpower your organization to make the best decisions fast using real-time data and analytics. The PowerEdge R940 supports 50% more NVMe drives than the R930, up to 48 DIMMs (12 of which can be NVDIMMs) and up to 6TB of memory*. Make I/O bottlenecks a thing of the past and keep processor utilization at its peak.
- In-memory database
- Unix to Linux migration
- ERP, CRM
- Dense virtualization
Transform IT with Dell EMC PowerEdge
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.