Massive performance, without the mass.
Touch enabled Windows 8.1 with the thinnest and lightest 15" mobile Workstation provide your creative projects with the performance they need, featuring a new 4K Ultra HD touch display & Thunderbolt 2.0.
View All Options
Incredible clarity, anywhere you take it.
Outstanding professional performanceAccelerated workflows: 4th gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor provide the power to extract maximum performance from the demanding professional software you rely on to do your job.
Professional graphics: From rendering to complex modeling, you'll notice an incredible performance boost thanks to NVIDIA® Quadro K1100M graphics with 2GB* memory.
Big storage for big jobs: Easily store, transfer and access large and complex 3D, multimedia and video project files with the speed and reliability of up to 2TB of solid state drive technology.
Reliable and secureIndependent Software Vendor (ISV) certification: The Dell Precision Workstations you purchase are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. ISV certification is the result of precise engineering and rigorous testing to optimize performance and reliability to run leading industry applications for engineering, manufacturing, media, entertainment, healthcare, life sciences, oil, gas, economics and financial services. Dell ISV-certifications cover the most popular independent software applications including:
- Dassault Systèmes including CATIA, and SolidWorks
- Autodesk Product Design Suite including Inventor® and AutoCAD, 3D CAD and Revit®.
- Adobe Creative Cloud® including Premiere Pro CC and After Effects® CC
Network safely: Access remote networks confidently knowing that Dell Data Protection | Encryption is there to encrypt your data and protect you from malware across all endpoints, including external media and public cloud storage.
Carry confidently: The high-end materials used to build the M3800 weren't chosen just for their beauty. The Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ display, machined aluminum frame and strong carbon-fiber base provide industrial-grade durability.
Essential accessories for your Dell Precision M3800
Dell Docking Station USB 3.0 – D3100
Dell KM714 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD Monitor — UP3214Q
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
ProSupport Plus, Dell’s most complete* support service for PCs and tablets*, is the only support service that can prevent issues before they occur. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. This end to end support service also includes 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement allowing you to ensure your data is stays secure.*When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently. ProSupport Plus provides all the support essentials that will reduce downtime automatically.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4712HQ)
- Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit English
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit English/French MUI
- Windows 7 Professional English64bit (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- Windows 7 Professional English/French 64bit (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- Mobile Intel® HM87 Express
- NVIDIA® Quadro® K1100M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- 15.6” 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160): Dell UltraSharp™, IGZO2, 10 finger multi-touch, wide view, LED-backlit, Premium Panel Guarantee
- 15.6” FHD(1920x1080): Dell UltraSharp™, 10 finger multi-touch, wide view, LED-backlit, Premium Panel Guarantee
- Up to 1000GB* Solid State Drive SATA hard drive
- Wired: USB3.0 to Ethernet adapter included
Wireless LAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth 4.0
Dell Wireless 1560 2X2 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0
- Noble lock slot; Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2); Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Intel Anti-Theft Protection (iATP)
- Dual integrated high quality speakers and dual integrated noise cancelling digital array microphones standard
- Waves MaxxAudio® Pro suite of advanced audio enhancement tools
- Integrated, light sensitive HD video webcam with Dell Webcam Central software standard
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Standard I/O Ports
1 - HDMI
1 - Thunderbolt 2.0/mini DisplayPort (mDP)
1 - USB 3.0 with PowerShare
1 - Headset (combined microphone/headphone)
1 - Battery life indicator
1 - 3-in-1 media card reader*
1 - USB 2.0 with PowerShare
1 - USB 3.0 with PowerShare
Materials: aluminum and carbon fiber
Dimensions (HxWxD): 0.31”-0.71” (front to back) x 14.65” x 10.00”; 8mm-18mm x 372mm x 254mm (excludes feet)
Weight*: starts at 4.15lbs; 1.88kg (with 61Wh battery and optional mSATA)
Power: 130W AC adapter
Slots: 1 half mini and 1 full slot
Backlit full size keyboard; Gesture enabled multi-touch touchpad with two buttons
Monitors: Dell’s award winning UltraSharp Monitors; Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand
Docking: Dell D3100 USB 3.0 dock
Keyboard and mouse: Dell KM714 wireless keyboard and mouse
Carrying Case: Dell Professional Slip Case
- Battery Options
6-cell (61Wh); 6-cell (91Wh)
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: ENERGY STAR® qualified, EPEAT® Registered*; China - RoHS, CECP, CEC; EU -
RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Asset Recovery Service
Warranty and Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty*: Standard 1-year (optional 3, 4 or 5 year) Next Business Day Service On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis
Optional 3, 4 or 5 year Dell ProSupport* offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability