Conçue pour les processeurs multicœurs et optimisée pour la virtualisation.
La carte Ethernet Intel® X520-T2 10 GbE pour serveurs fournit une connectivité Gigabit Ethernet hautes performances avec plusieurs ports sur les plateformes multicœurs et dans les environnements virtualisés.
- Elle offre des performances réseau 10 GbE très abordables pour les applications gourmandes en bande passante.
- Elle fournit une connectivité Gigabit Ethernet hautes performances avec plusieurs ports sur les plateformes multicœurs et dans les environnements virtualisés.
- Elle constitue la solution la plus simple, la plus fiable et la plus rentable pour la connexion des serveurs aux réseaux de stockage SAN iSCSI.
Flexibility and scalability in virtual and unified storage environmentsIntel® Ethernet X520-T2 is the newest 10GBASE-T adapter to join the 10 Gigabit X520 series of server adapters designed for multi-core processors and optimized for virtualization.
- Provides bandwidth-intensive applications with highly affordable 10 GbE network performance, including cost-effective Rj-45 connections up to 100 meters.
- Delivers industry-leading I/O virtualization capabilities with superior virtualization performance and virtual machine (VM) flexibility, plus broad virtual machine manager (VMM) support.
- Supports native OS iSCSI acceleration for optimal performance, and it is the most-cost-effective way to connect servers to iSCSI SANs.
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity on Dell PowerEdge serversIntel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity (VT-c) is a suite of hardware assists that reduces I/O bottlenecks in a virtualized server, improving performance, flexibility and virtual machine scalability. Using emulation mode or direct access mode, it lowers the I/O overhead, which optimizes CPU usage, reduces system latency and improves I/O throughput.
Intel® VT-c includes:
- Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq): In the emulation mode, VMDq optimizes network performance by offloading data sorting and copying from the software virtual switch in the VMM to the Intel® Ethernet 82599 10 Gigabit controller. This configuration is best suited for a large number of VMs running standard applications that have limited bandwidth and latency requirements.
- SR-IOV: In direct access mode, industry standards-based SR-IOV provides direct VM connectivity and data protection across the VM. It also provides flexibility and mobility by facilitating live VM migration. SR-IOV allows the data to bypass the software virtual switch, providing near-native performance. It assigns either physical or virtual I/O ports directly to individual VMs. This technology is best suited for high I/O throughput, low-latency applications, such as data base, storage, financial and others.
Designed for Intel® multi-core processor-based Dell PowerEdge serversThe Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit X520-T2 server adapter provides high-performance, multi-port gigabit connectivity in multi-core platforms and virtualized environments.
- In a multi-core platform, Intel® Ethernet X520-T2 supports such technologies as Intel® QuickData Technology, MSI-X and low-latency interrupts that help accelerate the data across the platform, thereby improving application response times.
- The Intel® Ethernet 82599 network controller uses queues and interrupt vectors to offload data and interrupt processing from the CPU, helping improve overall system performance.
Simplified iSCSI connectivity for Dell PowerEdge serversThe Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit X520-T2 provides the easiest, most reliable and most cost-effective way to connect servers to iSCSI SANs.
- Intel® Ethernet X520-T2 server adapter uses native iSCSI initiators integrated in the operating system to simplify iSCSI deployment and configuration without the need for proprietary software. Native initiators are integrated with standard OS configuration tools and partner-provided tools. They have existed for years, are trusted by customers and have been tested with many generations of operating systems and hardware storage products.
- Inte® l Ethernet server adapters include hardware-based iSCSI acceleration features that do not require offloading to a proprietary TCP/IP stack. iSCSI acceleration uses large send offload, Receive Side Coalescing and transmit send offloads to help reduce latency and lower CPU utilization. To improve efficiency, MSI-X, Receive-side Scaling and Intel® Ethernet Flow Director scale I/O processing across multiple CPU cores. DMA, DCA and header splitting improve network data processing efficiency, and DCB supports multiple traffic classes that can be prioritized for iSCSI traffic.
- Intel® VT-c accelerates iSCSI traffic in VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V R2 environments. Intel® works closely with leading VMM vendors to ensure compatibility and outstanding performance with their iSCSI native initiators and was the first company to certify its Ethernet server adapters with the ESX initiator.
Supporting Your Unique Environment
The right support is not one-size-fits-all, so Dell™ ProSupport™ provides a flexible, reliable and easy support model — empowering you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. For example, organizations with an IT team can take advantage of Dell ProSupport for IT. You get the tech-to-tech support you need, and the ability to bypass phone-based trouble shooting when you already know the problem with Fast-Track dispatch.
Dell ProSupport options give you the opportunity to directly align support to address critical challenges — like maximizing the uptime of your server and storage infrastructure. With the right options, the Dell ProSupport Mission Critical option is designed to help you reduce critical downtime by as much as 48 percent*. Dell is recognized as a leader in the industry for mission critical support — and is the 2005 and 2007 winner of the highly coveted SSPA Award for Mission Critical Support. Further maximize the availability and stability of your infrastructure through Dell ProSupport Proactive Maintenance with scheduled assessments, streamlined patch management and detailed reporting.
Additionally, Dell ProSupport Remote Advisory options can provide telephone access to technical expertise on applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, Virtualisation and more.
To learn more about Dell ProSupport visit www.dell.com/prosupport.
Strengthening Your IT Infrastructure
Dell Infrastructure Consulting can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualising your environment.
We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
Dell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed time to production of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system-build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering Your Team
Our education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware so you can reap the full benefits of standards-based technologies.
Get the most from your new systems. Turn to Dell for the services you need to help get IT faster, run IT better and grow IT smarter.
For more information, please visit www.dell.com/services.