Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE can deliver local data protection and remote replication concurrently in physical and virtual environments. It can protect your production data on Dell | EMC regardless of which server or application is being used. It offers application consistent recovery for Microsoft Exchange and SQL, Oracle and VMWare ESX.
Make data protection simple and efficient
Data protection and disaster recovery are fundamental requirements for your success in the competitive business environment. However, server-based replication can drive up your operating costs and force you to expand your data-center footprint with complex management schemes and additional management tools and software copies.
Offloading data protection and replication tasks from the servers to the Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE appliance enables a streamlined data protection process to help improve business continuity and speed disaster recovery.
The Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE appliance tightly integrates data protection and replication into existing Dell | EMC storage environments, enabling:
- Simple data protection and replication – one set of appliances does the job of many software packages
- Efficient implementation and usability – a single user interface that enables you to set up, monitor, and maintain your replication and recovery tasks and status
RecoverPoint/SE also has unique features that take full advantage of available bandwidth. These features help to prevent replication failure due to temporary bandwidth limitations, including:
- Compression algorithms for WAN bandwidth reduction
- Automated bandwidth management shifts replication from synchronous to asynchronous and back again, depending on available bandwidth
Maximize business uptime
Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE enables your administrators to implement local and remote data protection simultaneously, creating multiple copies of local and remote data to improve data protection and application reliability. RecoverPoint/SE also enables quick restore to help ensure business continuity and speed data recovery.
- Concurrent local and remote (CLR) protection offers the benefits of CDP and CRR seamlessly, without additional complexity, licensing costs or additional administrator intervention.
- Any-point-in-time recovery without impacting production applications or ongoing replication.
- Rollback enables you to use local or remote data to return to a known good state in the case of data corruption or loss.
An indispensable member of your Dell | EMC environment
RecoverPoint/SE is designed to tightly interface with Dell | EMC CX3 and CX4 family products and to support Fibre Channel block LUNs on Dell | EMC Celerra NS-120 and NS-480 unified storage systems.
Extensible application integration
Business applications from Microsoft® , SAP, Oracle® and others can be assimilated, creating application-consistent recovery points for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server through VSS or VDI APIs.
RecoverPoint/SE supports point-in-time recovery in virtualized VMware InfrastructureTM and Microsoft Hyper-VTM server environments, and integrates with VMware vCenter ConverterTM and VMware vCenter Site Recovery ManagerTM (SRM).
Wide OS support
A CLARiiON array-based splitter, which duplicates write code and directs it to the RecoverPoint/SE appliance, supports Microsoft Windows® , Linux, OpenVMSTM , Solaris and VMware ESX server.