Engineered to thrive under demanding day-to-day use, the OptiPlex XE features a purpose-built design that solves for the unique challenges of hot, dusty, small and enclosed spaces.
Design That Fits Right In: Under the counter, on the desktop or inside of an enclosure: No matter what setup the job requires, the OptiPlex XE offers two form-factor options with the ability to mount in virtually any orientation required. An optional external power button provides easy access for kiosks and other enclosed-space uses.
Ready to Take the Heat: Designed to run 24x7 in enclosed spaces, the OptiPlex XE is specified to operate at ambient temperatures of up to 45° C (113° F). An optional ducting kit can boost heat tolerance up to 55° C (131° F).
Peripheral Perfect: With native support for PS/2, Serial (RS-232), VGA, and up to 10 USB connections, including powered, the OptiPlex XE can support a wide variety of new and legacy peripherals.
Stability You Can Count On
The OptiPlex XE offers long-term system stability, customizable integrated solutions and a low total cost of ownership for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and retail/point-of-sale (POS) customers.
- 3.5-Year Purchase Lifecycle: A 3.5-year purchase lifecycle (which includes the locking of key hardware and software components) helps reduce the cost and complexity normally associated with system re-certification. Add optional service and support features to supplement the standard limited hardware warranty*.
- Long Managed Transitions: A 6-month managed-transition period makes it easy to maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments.
- Dell OEM Solutions: With the OptiPlex XE, Dell offers OEMs the option of a holistic solution that extends from custom branding and factory integration to phenomenal service and support. Contact your Dell representative today to build an OEM solution that meets your needs and budget.
- Dell POS (Point of Sale) Solutions: The OptiPlex XE provides the foundation of a comprehensive POS solution. Dell also offers optional integrated solutions that extend from customer-facing store-automation technologies to back-office data-storage systems. Contact your Dell representative today to build a POS solution that meets your needs and budget.
Built-In Management, Enhanced with Dell Services
The OptiPlex XE offers superb servicing and manageability, helping to ensure that systems can be maintained with ease even when installed in enclosed spaces, retail kiosks or off-site locations.
- Efficient Remote Management: Available Broadcom® TruManageTM technology allows IT to monitor and maintain the OptiPlex XE remotely, helping to minimize user downtime and schedule patches or updates during "off peak" hours.
- Easy On-the-Job Maintenance: The OptiPlex XE tool-less chassis includes a tool-less power supply that makes it easy to change a power-supply unit (PSU) quickly. Dell DirectDetectTM troubleshooting LEDs allow for quick diagnosis of hardware issues without opening the chassis.
- Built-In System Monitoring: The OptiPlex XE features a "watch-dog" timer to self-monitor features such as system boot, operating-system load and specified applications. Additional hardware-monitoring features provide notification in the event of temperature, power-on self-test (POST), fan and PSU failures.
- Customizable Dell Services: From ready-to-use hardware customization to dedicated technical service through Dell ProSupport for IT* and Dell ProManage, Dell offers a suite of highly customizable service and support offerings throughout the PC lifecycle.
Energy-Efficient Design, Environmental Responsibility
With its energy-efficient, environmentally conscious design, the OptiPlex XE reflects the potential benefits to your operations and your bottom line.
|Energy-Conscious Features: The OptiPlex XE offers Dell Energy Smart power settings (select configurations) and 88% efficient power supplies. The Dell Client Energy Savings Calculator also lets you estimate energy usage for multiple customized OptiPlex systems.
|ENERGY STAR® Compliance: As an ENERGY STAR-compliant partner, Dell has designed select configurations of the OptiPlex XE to comply with ENERGY STAR 5.0 standards for energy efficiency.
|High Environmental Standards: Select configurations of the OptiPlex XE qualify for an EPEAT® Gold rating. Gold is the highest standard in the Electronic Product Environment Assessment Tool (EPEAT), a set of performance criteria for evaluating electronic products' environmental attributes in both public and private sectors.