Dell products are developed with design for environment in mind. The following section will help guide you through information about environmental attributes of Dell products.
Declarations and Certifications
EPEAT registered where applicable/supported - see:
for registration status by country.
Dell’s Energy Star qualified products are listed on the EPA website here.
Information on Dell’s participation in various Eco-labels and Green Standards can be found here.
Energy efficiency benefits the environment and lowers the total cost of equipment ownership by reducing power consumption.
Dell offers energy calculators that help estimate power needs, potential emissions avoidance and potential cost savings.
Click here for Dell’s Client Energy Savings Calculator, Data Center Capacity Planner, and Monitor Power Savings Calculator.
Information on Energy Efficiency is available here.
Declared Noise Emissions in accordance with ISO 9296 (tested in accordance with ISO 7779)
COMMISSION REGULATION 617/2013 (ErP Lot 3) Technical Documentation:
The ErP Directive is legislation that affects all products which consume energy in some form or another. Specific Implementing Measures (Lots) are aimed at controlling and reducing energy consumption of specific products or across multiple product types. In accordance with Lot 3 requirements, Dell will provide product information to the public with the attached document, ErP which covers information on test parameters, measurement techniques, and power management features, and other topics not specific products. Product specific information can be found in the Dell Environmental Datasheets found at: http://www.dell.com/regulatory_compliance_datasheets
PRODUCT MATERIALS INFORMATION*
Dell has implemented process controls and corrective actions throughout its organization and supply chain to ensure that its chemicals management objectives are met — and that the targeted restricted materials are replaced and alternative materials are developed for future product generations.
Process controls that Dell implemented include piece-part supplier declarations and Dell factory and supplier material testing audits.
Through internal design controls and supply chain declarations, Dell systems have been verified to comply with the EU RoHS Directive. For more details, see www.dell.com/rohsinfo.
All Dell products shipping directly into China which are manufactured on or after March 1st, 2007, will be China RoHS compliant. For more details, see www.dell.com/chinarohs.
South Korea RoHS
All Dell products shipping to South Korea are compliant with South Korea RoHS requirements, declarations are found here.
Information on Japan RoHS (J-MOSS) chemical disclosures is available here.
EEE Yönetmeliğine Uygundur Elektrikli Ve Elektronik Eşyalarda Bazi Zararli Maddelerin Kullaniminin Sinirlandirilmasina Dair Yönetmelik
України ТЕХНІЧНИЙ РЕГЛАМЕНТ обмеження використання деяких небезпечних речовин в електричному та електронному обладнанні (від 3 грудня 2008 р. N 1057): Обладнання відповідає вимогам Технічного регламенту обмеження використання деяких небезпечних речовин в електричному та електронному обладнанні
Công ty Dell tuyên bố rằng tất cả các sản phẩm mang nhãn hiệu Dell được thiết kế và sản xuất phù hợp với Thông tư 30/2011/TT-BCT của Việt Nam về việc hạn chế các chất độc hại và nồng độ tối đa của chất độc cho phép trong các vật liệu đồng nhất (ngoại trừ các trường hợp miễn trừ được liệt kê trong Thông tư này).
India RoHS Declaration
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY WITH GAZETTE OF INDIA: EXTRAORDINARY, E-WASTE (MANAGEMENT & HANDLING) RULES (INDIA ROHS)
Manufacturer Name and Address:
One Dell Way
Round Rock, Texas, USA
Dell Inc. declares that all Dell branded products have been designed and manufactured in compliance with E-Waste (Management & Handling) Rules on the reduction in the use of hazardous materials in the manufacture of electrical and electronic equipment and their maximum allowed concentrations by weight in the homogenous material (except for the exemptions listed in schedule II).
| Substance Concentration|
PBB (Polybrominated Biphenyls)
PBDE (Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers)
Compliance has been verified via internal design controls, supplier declarations, and/or analytical test data. The undersigned below possesses the complete technical documentation relating to the declaration of compliance.
For additional information please visit:
Restricted Material Compliance at www.dell.com/environmental_information
Product MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets):
Printer Toner and Ink
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals, 1907/2006) is the European Union’s (EU) chemical substances regulatory framework. Dell complies with the REACH directive. For more details, see www.dell.com/REACH.
For information on Dell’s REACH Declaration, see the REACH Declaration.
Dell products do NOT contain any of the following substances (in concentrations exceeding legal threshold limits):
Additional Materials Information
- Azo dyes/colorants in components that come into direct contact with human skin
- Cadmium and its compounds (except for use in applications exempted by the EU RoHS Directive)
- Ozone Depleting Substances; Class I and Class II CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) and HCFCs (hydrofluorocarbons)
- Chloroparaffins, short chained (10-13 carbon chain)
- Chromium VI and its compounds (except for use in applications exempted by the EU RoHS Directive)
- Halogenated dioxins or furans (i.e. polychlorinated dibenzodioxines, polychlorinated dibenzofurans)
- Lead and its compounds (except for use in applications exempted by the EU RoHS Directive)
- Mercury (except for use in applications exempted by the EU RoHS Directive)
- Nickel and its compounds in components that are likely to result in prolonged skin exposure
- PCBs (polychlorobiphenyls)
- PCTs (polychloroterphenyls)
- PBBs (polybromobiphenyls)
- PBDEs (polybrominated diphenylethers)
- BFR (brominated flame retardants) and PVC (polyvinyl chloride) in plastic parts greater than 25 grams
- Polychlorinated naphthalenes (PCNs)
- Tributyl tin (TBT)
- Triphenyl tin (TPT)
- External and/or Internal cables may use PVC as an insulating material to ensure product safety
- Product may contain post-industrial recycled content (plastics, metal, glass)
- For materials that may require special handling, please see WEEE Product End-of-Life Instructions here
No CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), HCFCs (hydrofluorocarbons) or other ozone depleting substances are used in the packaging material.
Chromium, lead, mercury, cadmium are not intentionally added to packaging materials and are not present in a cumulative concentration greater than 100 ppm as incidental impurities.
No halogenated plastics or polymers are used for packaging material.
Dell complies with the EU Directive 2004/12/EC (Addendum to EU Directive 94/62/EC.
Plastics packaging materials marked according to SPI (Society of Plastics Industry) Coding System (ASTM D7611).
Printed user documentation is bleached in a chlorine-free process.Batteries
- Batteries used in Dell products are in compliance with EU Battery Directive 2006/66/EC.
- Batteries in Dell products are not based on mercury, lead or cadmium technologies.
- Information about take-back and the recycling of batteries can be found in the Recyclability section below.
- The product documentation includes instructional information on the proper removal and disposal of the batteries used in Dell products.
- Dell MSDS sheets are available here
- The EU Battery Directive – Information for Users, may be viewed at the EU Battery Directive Declaration.
DESIGN FOR ENVIRONMENT
Longevity and Upgrading
Connections are easy to find and accessible with commonly available tools.
To extend the life of your system, you can install or upgrade certain system components (e.g., microprocessor, memory, expansion cards, optical drives, and storage devices).
Spare parts (such as batteries, power supplies, keyboard parts) are available after the end of production for up to five years, or otherwise through the warranty period.
Information for recycling is available here.
For recyclability, Dell systems incorporate the following design guidelines:
DELL CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION
- EU WEEE mark is applied to products sold in Europe. EU recycling information can be found at www.euro.dell.com/recycling
- WEEE Product End-of-Life Instructions are available here
- Plastic parts heavier than 25g have material codes according to ISO 11469:2000
- Minimal use of composite structure materials
- Minimal use of non-separable connections, such as gluing and welding between different materials
- Painting/coating of Desktop chassis plastics has been avoided
- Painting/coating of plastics <100 grams is compatible with recycling or reuse
- Mechanical plastic parts greater than 100 grams consist of one material or of easily separable materials
- Dell publishes product carbon footprint of mainstream products and are available here
- See theEU WEEE Declaration for information.
Information on Dell’s Environmental initiatives, policies, programs and goals can be found at www.dell.com/environment.
Dell’s Corporate Responsibility Policies are available here.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets for Dell products are located at: www.dell.com/regulatory_compliance_datasheets
Dell is a member of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (www.eicc.info)
Dell’s commitment to accountability and assurance is further demonstrated in leveraging the Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) G4 Guidelines in the preparation of our annual summary report and Web site. We are self-reporting at a B level and have submitted our self-report to GRI to check it against the criteria for GRI Application Level B. To view GRI Index click here.
Dell holds International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) certifications/registrations in a number of important areas including global product development, quality, safety, and health and environment. You can view or download copies of certificates here.
Information related to Supplier Responsibility is available here.