Dell Consultants can help simplify the implementation, optimization and maintenance of SQL Server environments. Our experts are skilled at assessing your current IT infrastructure, then developing a strategy for deploying a scalable, easy-to-manage database that complements your operational and business objectives. Working with Dell experts results in the following benefits:
As part of Dell’s standards approach to technology, and working in partnership with Microsoft, Dell offers a range of lifecycle services for SQL Server deployments, including installation, upgrade, training and ongoing
- Speeds up implementation – Dell has developed reference architecture that mitigates risk and expedites the deployment of SQL Server in your environment.
- Incorporates proven expertise – Dell utilizes best practice and a consistent methodology to efficiently implement an SQL Server solution with minimum disruption to work flow.
- Helps lower costs – An initial assessment followed by the development of a comprehensive strategy helps minimize cost-overrun.
- Simplifies ordering – Dell eliminates the need to deal with multiple vendors by providing a single-source for hardware, software and services necessary to implement an end-to-end SQL Server solution.
- Helps ensure success – Comprehensive project management helps ensure that a project remains on schedule, on budget and fulfils pre-determined objectives from planning through design, implementation, testing, delivery and support.
Microsoft SQL Server Cluster Design and Deployment We begin with an in-depth product orientation session to help equip your IT staff with an understanding of your new solution. This session includes a basic overview of Microsoft Cluster Server and SQL technologies, administration and support as well as a review of backup and recovery procedures. Once your environment and staff are prepared, Dell begins installation, configuration and clustering of the SQL server. Dell's expert consultants verify fail-over, provide a documentation review of your cluster and recommend cluster management strategies.
SQL Server Upgrade — Dell can help you ensure the continued support and improved decision-making provided by SQL’s excellent reporting and data analysis. We can efficiently upgrade your current SQL environment to SQL Server 2007 running on a Dell PowerEdgeTM server.
We start by thoroughly assessing your environment to pinpoint any barriers that might impede a successful upgrade. A comprehensive strategy is then developed that includes necessary hardware, software and services. Utilizing best practice and a proven methodology, the upgrade is conducted with emphasis on minimizing disruptions to workflow and IT infrastructure. Dell can also work with you to migrate from a third-party database to Microsoft SQL Server 2007.
SQL Server Performance Tuning —Dell can help proactively monitor, analyze and tune your SQL Server databases to help ensure your applications perform at peak efficiency and also capture, measure and correlate performance metrics from critical system components. Another aspect of performance tuning is the ability to determine the placement of files on storage devices. .
These services are based on best practice gained from implementing SQL Server for customers with varying database and technology needs. .
Dell can offer end-to-end solutions with a single point of contact for hardware, software, services and on-going support. In a time when many providers aspire to do everything, we focus on IT infrastructure services excellence. Dell Consultants will work with you to gain an understanding of your business objectives and IT strategy, then design plans that are flexible enough to adapt to current environments and structured to scale to future requirements. .
In addition to Infrastructure Consulting, Dell provides a suite of robust lifecycle support offerings, that include systems support and maintenance. For details go to Dell ProSupport.