What is Dell Outlet doing to be Green?
Dell Outlet is committed to maximizing the re-use or recycling of all returned Dell products. Dell Outlet refurbishes and sells over 90% of all returned Dell systems. The remaining 10% of returned Dell product is resold for parts or recyclable materials (metal, glass, and plastic). Dell's goal is to become the greenest technology company on the planet. We at Dell Outlet believe it's important to consider the environmental impact at every stage in the product life cycle.
Why Buy Refurbished?
Refurbished systems don’t use as much new material or as many new parts as new ones do, which can reduce the environmental impact of your technology purchase. And you can’t beat the quality and value of a Dell Outlet product: Dell Outlet offers some of latest Dell products at a great low price, offers the same limited hardware warranty* and service as if you bought new, and offers you a 21 day Return Policy. Plus, we’re fast: Dell Outlet systems are built and ready to ship, so most products ship within 24 hours of order approval. So, why Dell Outlet? Why not! Dell Outlet offers you the same great products at an even better price, while helping to reduce your impact on the environment. What’s not to like?
What is Refurbished?
Dell Outlet offers three types of refurbished inventory:
Certified Refurbished PCs are laptops and desktops that have been returned to Dell, put through the production process, and then again retested to ensure they meet all original factory specifications. Certified Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic blemishes, but they will not affect performance.
Previously Ordered New computers are PCs that were shipped out to a customer who opened the box, but decided to return the system without ever using it. All of these computers have undergone testing and repackaging by Dell Outlet. Previously Ordered New systems do not have any cosmetic damages.
Scratch and Dent products are systems with considerable cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. They are a great way to save money while still enjoying Dell Outlet's rigorous rebuilding and testing process. Scratch and Dent computers will not have scratches or pits on the screen, missing or illegible letters on the keyboard, or damage to the touchpad or palmrest.
All refurbished products sold through Dell Outlet include a 21 day Return Policy and a limited hardware warranty*.
What is Dell Corporate doing to be Green?
- Dell is now powering 100 percent of its 2.1 million square-foot global headquarters campus, home to more than 10,000 employees, with 100 percent green power, the latest step in meeting the company’s 2008 carbon neutral commitment. Learn More
- Dell, in partnership with The Conservation Fund and Carbonfund.org, has launched ‘Plant a Tree for Me,’ a program that makes it easy and affordable for individuals, corporations or even entire
communities to “go zero” by making a donation to help offset their carbon emissions associated with the electricity generated to power an extended portfolio of IT products – simply by planting trees. Additionally, participants can help offset the estimated total one-year carbon impact of an average person by donating $99 to the program. Learn More
- Dell offers the only free consumer recycling and takeback program across the globe, and they also have developed a program called Reconnect with Goodwill Industries. This program not only allows people to donate their old computers rather than throw them away, but also provides jobs for people in the recycling industry. Learn More
- It’s Dell’s goal to provide the most energy-efficient technology in our industry. One of Dell’s big pushes was to build laptops whose displays used LED backlights. LEDs can make a laptop more power efficient. Most importantly, though, power-sipping LEDs give what all customers want the most – long battery life. Learn More or Read Press Release
What can you do to help ?
- Skip the screen saver. By simply adjusting the power management settings on your computer you can be more energy efficient. All you need to do is set your system to go to standby and hibernation modes when not being used.Learn How
- Use less paper. Only print what is necessary, and if possible, use both sides of the paper. Buy environmentally friendly printers, toner cartridges and paper.
- Re-Use components. When purchasing a refurbished system, keep your monitor, keyboard and mouse from your existing computer.
- Recycle your old computer. Donate it to an organization or recycle it with a reputable recycler in your area.
- Recycle your bottles. These can be recycled into new flat panel monitors.