Dell and Juniper collaborate on secure, open-standard networking solutions that simplify network architecture for the data center. Dell AIM unifies management of your servers, storage, and PowerConnect-J switches. With the PowerConnect-J switches and Dell AIM you can leverage existing infrastructure while migrating from 1GbE to 10 GbE.
Supporting Dell's agreement with Juniper, Dell and Juniper joined forces to offer efficient fabric networking solutions under the Dell PowerConnectTM brand. With Dell's 2010 press release, Dell delivered new datacenter solutions to continue supporting customers and delivering flexible, open solutions supporting Dell's initiative at the datacenter and other networking environments. Dell also announced:
These solutions are new, innovative platforms which will enable customers to deploy a common network management platform and network operating system to help reduce IT operating costs, as well as address:
- The PowerConnect J-Series J-EX4500 provides a new scalable and Virtual Chassis technology offers high availability, high performance and a single point of management in a compact, power-efficient 2U framework solution for high performance switching and routing functionality in data center and cloud environments.
- The PowerConnect J-Series J-EX8200 family providing a new scalable chassis solution for high performance switching and routing functionality in data center and cloud environments.
- The PowerConnect J-Series J-EX4200 family of switches deliver Virtual Chassis technology to help customers.
- The PowerConnect J-Series J-SRX family of Services Gateway products target WAN accessibility for branch office to data centers and a broad range of security needs including content security, access control and state-of-the-art firewall and virtual private network (VPN) technology.
Dell is committed to delivering open, standards-based solutions for virtualized data centers with Juniper.
- Heightened need for security
- Dispersed workforce challenges
- Virtualized data center issues