- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives.
2.5" 15,000 RPM SAS drives available in 146 GB*
2.5" 15,000 RPM SAS (or SAS SED) drives available in 300 GB*
3.5 TB* using twenty-four (24) 146 GB* 15,000 SAS disk drives
7.2 TB* using twenty-four (24) 300 GB* 15,000 SAS (or SAS SED) disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: Four 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group.
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase 700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700W
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 561 mm (22.09 inches)
Weight: 24.2 kg (53.4 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 29.48 kg (65.00 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racksed-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
Fulfill your high-performance mission-critical needs with the PS6100XV iSCSI array, a Dell Storage solution with a virtualized scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage.
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistributing of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Choose your array
Build more powerful storage for critical applications using PS6100XV arrays. With 24 high-performance 2.5” SAS HDDs and up to 7.2 terabytes of capacity in a 2U chassis, the PS6100XV GbE iSCSI array is an ideal solution for enterprise, government and education sites.The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controller for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS (or SAS SED) drives or solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
Software and Services for a complete SAN solutionDell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions with software and services options to help you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Included with your PS Series array purchase are the EqualLogic™ array software and host software — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution.
EqualLogic Array Software
- EqualLogic Group Manager helps to streamline storage and data management.
- EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility minimizes downtime when transferring large amounts of data.
- EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
- Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the upgrade process with guided update management.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualizes SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimizes performance
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments to offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance and capacity and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with Support Assist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.
Global Services and SupportDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Dell’s end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell Server installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide.
Contact your Dell representative today for more information or click here.