Compact, manageable and versatile.
Save space with a short-depth chassis, save time with intuitive management using a quiet, 1U 1-socket server.
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
- Intel Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family
Intel Core® I3-4130
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
For more information on specific versions and additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport
- Memory DIMMs
4x DDR3 UDIMMs w/ECC
- H: 1.66” (42.4 mm) (without ear/bezel)
W: 17.09” (434 mm) (without ear/bezel)
D: 15.52” (394.3 mm) (without ear/bezel)
- 1U rack
- Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)
6GB SAS HBA
- Intel C222
- 2 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5”
Default SATA; Optional SAS and SSD
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot; full height, half length
- 2x GbE LOM w/o TOE
- Remote management
iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller (optional)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager
- ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for tooled mounting in 2-post racks.
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory integrated in Nuvoton WPCM450 (BMC controller) and supports 2D graphics only.
Quiet and compact designInstall your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers*. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manageIntuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.