Wyse WSM used to be a stand-alone software product. As of 1st February 2015, it is available for trial, licensing, sales and download as part of Wyse vWorkspace Premier, Dell’s simple, flexible and high-performance desktop virtualization software solution. Wyse vWorkspace offers traditional cloud-hosted desktop virtualization (Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Sessions and Windows or Linux VDI) and now, with the addition of WSM, client-hosted desktop virtualization functionality (which includes OS image streaming, application layering and server imaging). Existing WSM customers with a maintenance contract should write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a license swap from WSM to vWorkspace at no extra cost.
High-performance desktop and application virtualization solution with server provisioning
Enable virtually any Windows application to run on a cloud client endpoint just as it would on a traditional PC, without the security exposures or management and maintenance costs. The client-hosted desktop virtualization functionality of vWorkspace (formerly WSM) delivers desktop images and applications separately to stateless, diskless clients on demand from the cloud. This enables IT to quickly swap OS images, with enterprise-wide software updates and patches as easy as a file drag-and-drop.
This functionality also enables provisioning of server images from a central location to multiple physical or virtual server platforms.
- High performance: A rich locally executing speedy PC experience that, to the user, is indistinguishable from that of a traditional desktop system, with complete application and peripheral compatibility.
- Easy maintenance: Centralized web-based administration with policy-based control, and one-click device recovery and cleanup.
- Scalability: Distributed architecture with multiple server support that easily scales across a campus or a global enterprise.
Outstanding security and complianceProvide a productive, uninterrupted virtual computing experience with Wyse vWorkspace, enabling secure and tamper-resistant desktop and app virtualization. With stateless and diskless clients, desktops are extremely secure and require no local management.
The benefits include:
- Functionality even with WAN failure: Distributed architecture helps make sure that remote branches continue working with virtualized desktops and applications even if the wide area network (WAN) breaks down.
- High security: All OS images, applications and data, including saves and writes, are safely stored on the server. The OS, applications and content are wiped clean from each client at log off.
- Tamper resistance: Centrally managed distributed processing architecture helps ensure that OS images and applications meet government and/or industry compliance requirements.
Compatible with a vast array of apps and peripherals
If it works with Windows®, it will work with vWorkspace. The client-hosted desktop virtualization functionality of vWorkspace is adaptable to virtually any Windows environment, offering security, ease of management and control. It allows flexible use of client endpoints, including existing desktops and laptops, thin clients or stateless cloud desktops. It is an ideal solution for: