For performance attributes, software specs, and compliance for N-Series switches, please visit the Dell Networking OS 6 page.
Legend: S — Standard, OA — Option Available, N — Not Available
|Standard Traffic-Port Attributes||N4032||N4032F||N4064||N4064F|
|Standard Port Attributes||24x 10GbE RJ45 auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb/100Mb) fixed ports||24x 10GbE SFP+ auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb) fixed ports||48x 10GbE RJ45 auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb100Mb) fixed ports||48x 10GbE SFP+ auto-sensing (10Gb/1Gb)fixed ports|
|Integrated 40GbE QSFP+ dedicated ports||N||N||2||2|
|Maximum stacking speed (full-duplex)||160Gbps||160Gbps||320Gbps||320Gbps|
|Switch Fabric Capacity (full duplex):||640Gbps||640Gbps||1.28Tbps||1.28Tbps|
|Approximate Weight in pounds |
|Approximate Weight in |
kilograms (without modules):
|Environmental Operating Conditions||N4032||N4032F||N4064||N4064F|
|Max Thermal Output (BTU/hr)||823.44||603.86||1353.53||754.82|
|Power Consumption Max (Watts)||240||176||395||220|
N-Series is a family of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE and 10GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. The N4000 Series allows you to apply 10/40GbE wire-speed flexibility to your existing campus network with high-performance, non-blocking switches that:
• Use MLAG for multipath loop-free redundancy without spanning tree to enable full-bandwidth utilization and high availability
• Promote greater interoperability through interfaces with Cisco's Rapid Per VLAN Spanning Tree (RPVST+)1 and devices using Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
• Offer a more flexible choice in your network by uniting products with the latest open standard protocols
• Feature advanced IPv4 and IPv6 Layer 3 routing, security and scalability features
• Converged network support for DCB with Priority Flow Control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx, iSCSI TLV Support.
• Plug-and-play configuration with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI storage arrays with one-command iSCSI setup that alleviates multiple-step configuration and potential configuration errors
•Include OpenFlow 1.3 support for interoperability with industry-standard OpenFlow controllers.
Built to help keep operating costs down, the N4000 Series has Fresh Air capability, enabling them to operate at temperatures up to 113°F (45°C) to help reduce cooling costs. Features designed to improve overall efficiency include:
The Dell Networking N4000 Series is designed for easy deployment, outstanding interoperability and a low learning curve for network administrators. A single OS release (Dell Networking OS 6) allows you to maintain consistent configurations across all N-Series products with a comprehensive feature set that includes:
The resilient stacking architecture of the N4000 Series provides reliable network performance and amazing density for demanding network environments. It also helps future-proof your network investments as enterprises migrate from 10GbE core deployments to 40GbE.
• Data rates up to 1.28Tbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate of up to 952Mpps
• Scale easily with 10/40Gbps user port stacking supporting up to 160Gbps on N4032 and 320Gbps on N4064 (full duplex) at distances up to 100 meters
• Up to 64 line-rate 10GbE ports per switch using breakout cables and up to 672 10GbE ports in a twelve-unit stack
• Hot swap expansion module supports dual port QSFP+ (8 x 10GbE), quad port 10GBaseT and quad port SFP+
• Switch stacks up to 12 units can be managed via flexible user port stacking at 10Gbps or 40Gbps speeds
• Tool-less ReadyRails kit allow switches to be installed in moments
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. Dell EMC has expert services* for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business with ProSupport. Our most complete support offer, ProSupport Plus, with SupportAssist, improves performance and stability with automated proactive monitoring, collaborative third-party assistance, a dedicated Technical Account Manager and 24x7 global access to elite Dell EMC engineers.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust Dell EMC experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with a variety of delivery methods to choose from – including instructor-led training, self-paced online training and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.