Simplify Fibre Channel SAN deployments for small- to medium-sized data centers with the Brocade® 6505. With its ability to help you improve system performance, maximize the value of virtual server deployments and reduce overall storage costs, the Brocade 6505 is an ideal solution for data-intensive environments.
The Brocade 6505 deploys quickly and enables the integration of multiple fabrics, including Brocade 8510 16 Gbps Network Switches and DCX 8510 Backbones. And with 24 ports and a slim 1U height, it can occupy a relatively small space.
Robust fibre channel storage area network (SAN) features include:
- 16 Gbps performance (vs. 8 Gbps in the previous generation Brocade 300)
- Up to 24 ports of high-performance 16 Gbps technology and Ports on Demand scaling from 12 to 24 ports
- Support for 2, 4, 8 and 16 Gbps auto-sensing Fibre Channel ports
- An RJ45 Ethernet management port which, in conjunction with EZSwitchSetup, supports switch IP address discovery and configuration and eliminates the need to attach a serial cable during configuration.
- A USB port that provides increased serviceability and error logging functionality by facilitating easy firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- A fixed- or mid-mount rail kit on a 19” EIA rack (same rack mount kits as Brocade 6510)
- Brocade Fabric Operating System (FOS)™ for distributed intelligence throughout the network
- Value-added applications including Brocade Advanced Web Tools™ and Brocade Zoning™
- Optional Fabric Services, iAdaptive Networking with QoS, Brocade Extended Fabrics™, Brocade Fabric Watch™, ISL Trunking and End-to-End Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Extensive diagnostics and system monitoring capabilities to minimize downtime and enhance high reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS)
- The Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which makes SAN configuration a 3-step point-and-click task