Do Parrot Minidrones require registration with the FAA?
No. Parrot Minidrones are below the weight limit requiring FAA registration. For more specific information, visit http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
Which app should I use to pilot the Parrot Hydrofoil drone?
To pilot Parrot Hydrofoil, please download the FreeFlight Mini app on the App store or on Google Play.
How do I connect my Parrot Hydrofoil to my smartphone?
To use the Parrot Hydrofoil you must have a smartphone or a tablet that supports Bluetooth® 4.0. Check your smartphone compatibility with the Parrot Hydrofoil.
Is the Parrot Hydrofoil waterproof?
Although it is made for use in water, Hydrofoil is not waterproof. When used properly, the Minidrone will remain above water level.
How long does the battery last?
The battery lasts around 7 minutes with Hydrofoil chassis attached. It lasts up to 9 minutes when flying.
How do I rapid charge my battery?
If you charge your battery through your Minidrone, it will rapid charge. Just plug the Minidrone to a 2.1A USB charger using the micro USB cable included in the box.
Steps for easy setup
1. Assemble the Hydrofoil structure parts following the directions given in the Quick Start Guide.
2. Download the free FreeFlight Mini application for iOS and Android.
3. Insert the battery into the Minidrone.
4. Connect the Minidrone to your computer using the included USB cable and charge it fully.
5. Once charged, turn on the Minidrone.
6. Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone or tablet. Open the FreeFlight Mini application to connect to the Minidrone. The smartphone will connect to it automatically.
7. Make sure your product’s firmware is up to date: in the menu on the homepage, select “Check for updates”. If an update is required, go to the Support section of Parrot’s website and follow the simple instructions.
8. Select Hydrofoil or Flying Minidrone mode.
9. You are ready to fly or glide through water with a simple touch of the Take-off button.
Meet the Hydrofoil Minidrone! This hybrid Minidrone uses propellers to cruise across fresh water at speeds of up to 6.2 mph. Built with streamlined foils and a hydrodynamic hull, Hydrofoil moves with amazing dexterity and agility, balancing 2 inches (5-6cm) above the water. When this Minidrone takes flight, it can hit speeds of 11 mph.
Be the captain and the pilot
Go on air and sea adventures with your second-generation Parrot Hydrofoil Minidrone. Experience two Minidrones in one. Use the hydrofoil to glide through the water at speeds of up to 6.2 mph. When you’re ready to take flight, simply remove the hydrofoil and you’re good to go.
Speed along the water
Built with streamlined foils and a hydrodynamic hull, your Minidrone is ultra-stable as it moves with amazing dexterity and speed across the water. Easily control your flight using the FreeFlight Mini app, which allows you to perform rapid moves and turns on the go.
Twist and turn in flight
Amplify your acrobatics with 360° forward and backward flips. Tilt from 90° to 180° with a single tap.
Stay balanced as you go
Steering in Aquatic mode is as simple as attaching the removable hydrofoil. An integrated antenna also increases your range of movement as you cruise along. In Flight mode, the 3-axis gyroscope and accelerometer work together to ensure ultimate stability.
Take control of your flight
Piloting your Minidrone is simple with FreeFlight Mini. Download the free app to your smartphone or tablet and get instant access to in-flight tricks and maneuvers. Take aerial photos during your flight and view them later with friends and family. FreeFlight Mini is available in the App Store or in the Google Play Store.
Tips for getting started
Before takeoff, be sure to update your Hydrofoil's software and fully charge its battery. For double the flight and glide time and twice the fun, pick up an extra battery with your purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our support team at 877-9Parrot (877-972-7768) or at http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/