- Hypervisor (options)
- VMware® vSphere™ 5.0
- Microsoft® Windows Server® Hyper-V™
- VMware vCenter™ (VMware edition)
- Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter (VMware edition)
- Dell EqualLogic Host Integration Tools for VMware (HIT/VE) Plug-in for vCenter (VMware edition)
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (Microsoft edition)
- EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
- Dell OpenManage Server Essentials
Dell PowerEdge R720 rack server provides the core virtualization platform for the vStart 100, offering concentrated computing power in a 2-socket, 2U form factor. With high memory density and balanced I/O (input/output) it provides the ideal platform for the vStart 100 virtual environment.
- The vStart 100 solution configuration includes three ESXi virtual servers with a total of 48 processor cores (Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 processor) and 288GB* of memory.
- Dual NICs provide full redundancy and highly available interconnect for vStart 100. Each NIC offers impressive I/O capabilities with balanced, scalable features, including integrated PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3-enabled expansion slots and choice of embedded NIC technology
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC 7) Enterprise Edition provides out-of-band server management.
An included Dell virtualized PowerEdge R620 rack server serves as a host for the management tools.
For more information on Dell PowerEdge R720 servers, click here
For more information on Dell PowerEdge R620 servers, click here
Dual Dell EqualLogic PS6100 series storage arrays provide virtualized 10GbE iSCSI SAN storage that combines intelligence and automation with fault tolerance to offer simplified administration, rapid deployment, seamless scalability and enterprise performance and reliability.
- Standard starting configuration includes 24 hot-pluggable 2.5 600GB* 10,000 rpm serial attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives, with total system capacity of up to 14.4TB*, scalable to 28.8TB* of raw storage. The system also supports 15,000 rpm SAS drives and 7,200 rpm NL-SAS drives.
- Fault-tolerant capabilities are supported through fully redundant and hot-swappable components (dual 10GbE controllers, disk drives with hot spares and dual power supplies).
- Dual controllers with multipathing offer high availability (SPF+ and 10GBASE-T port options)
Dell PowerConnect 7048 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches are Layer 3 scalable top-of-rack switches that offer you the power and flexibility you need for today and the future. They provide advanced switching capabilities that include standard high-density 10GbE uplinks (1GbE uplinks also supported), high-performance stacking and high redundancy and availability. Scalable from small-business applications to the data center edge, the PowerConnect 7048 features:
Summary of other required integration elements
- Up to 160 Mbps throughput and a data rate of up to 224 Gbps (full duplex) for both Layer 2 and Layer 3 environments.
- Simple management and scalability via a 128 Gbps high-availability stacking architecture that allows you to manage up to 12 switches from a single IP address. Share the upgradeable 10GbE ports across the stack for uplinks to the next network layer.
- Power-saving Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) ports that can reduce per-port power consumption to help lower electricity and cooling costs.
- Database compatible with VMware vCenter or Microsoft® System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Network routing