SSD speed and HDD capacity in one array
Experience SSD low-latency performance with spinning media HDD capacity in one storage solution with the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6110XS 10GbE iSCSI array.
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase, 700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- Height: 2U / 8.68 cm (3.41 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 54.1 cm (21.3 inches)
Weight: 25.4 kg (56 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 cm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 cm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 cm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 37.1973 Kg (82 lb)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
10GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX per controller
Interface ports: One 10GBASE-T with RJ45 and one 10GbE SFP+ for fibre or twin-ax copper cabling
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Seven (7) hot-pluggable Solid State Disk (SSD) drives and Seventeen (17) hot-pluggable SAS hard disk drives
Combines 2.5” 400GB and 800GB SSDs and 2.5” 600GB and 1.2TB 10K SAS drives.
Up to 26TB
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
Enterprise power with everyday simplicity
Designed to scale with your businessImplement both high-speed, low-latency solid-state disk (SSD) technology and high-capacity HDDs from a single chassis. The PS6110XS 10GbE iSCSI array is a Dell Storage solution with a virtualized scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage and scale for future needs.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistribution of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
A powerful combinationAdd extensive versatility to your enterprise storage needs using PS6110XS arrays. Combining SSDs with HDDs into a single solution gives you both solid-state speed and hard-disk capacity in one case, and, as part of the overall feature-rich PS6110XS architecture, helps you optimize your data center for your specific needs.
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 7x 400GB SSDs + 17x 600GB 10K HDDs; up to 13TB total capacity
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SANHQ) management software
EqualLogic Array Software
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
Dell ServicesDell believes that a well-planned and maintained storage infrastructure can support growing data requirements without the corresponding increase in cost and complexity. Intelligent data management allows organizations to optimize the value of their storage investment with a better use of resources. Dell Data Management Services can help customers design, implement, manage and maintain storage infrastructures that satisfy data availability, retention and recovery requirements.
Dell™ ProSupport™ —True enterprise-class support for complex environment with complex. More than 80 percent of IT budgets go to infrastructure maintenance costs, leaving little room for innovation. With the right support solution from Dell, you can focus on your core business.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
|ProSupport||Dell ProSupport Plus|
Designed for customers who want premium hardware and software support.
• Single point of contact with access to highly trained experts
• Available 24x7x365
• 3rd party collaborative assistance
• Support in 165+ countries and 55 languages
Designed for critical systems in a customer’s environment.
• Dedicated Technical Account Manager
• Direct access to elite ProSupport Plus engineers
• Remote monitoring and automated support with SupportAssist
• Monthly reporting and performance recommendations
|Dell Enterprise Deployment|
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell EqualLogic storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices.
More information can be found here.