Purpose-Built Embedded Solution
POS, OEM and other environments needing a heat-tolerant, adaptable solution that supports demanding industry and retail needs.
Engineered to thrive under demanding day-to-day use, the OptiPlex™ XE features a purpose-built design that solves the unique challenges of hot, dusty, small and enclosed spaces.
Stability You Can Count OnThe OptiPlex™ XE offers long-term system stability, customisable integrated solutions and a low total cost of ownership for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and retail/point-of-sale (POS) customers.
- Long Purchase Lifecycle: A long purchase lifecycle (which includes the locking of key hardware and software components) helps reduce the cost and complexity normally associated with system recertification. Add optional service and support features to supplement the standard limited hardware warranty*.
- Long Managed Transitions: A long managed-transition period makes it easy to maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments.
- Dell™ OEM Solutions: With the OptiPlex XE, Dell™ offers OEMs the option of a holistic solution that extends from custom branding and factory integration to phenomenal service and support. Contact your Dell™ representative today to build an OEM solution that meets your needs and budget.
Built-In Management, Enhanced with Dell ServicesThe OptiPlex XE offers superb servicing and manageability, helping to ensure that systems can be maintained with ease even when installed in enclosed spaces, retail kiosks or off-site locations.
- Efficient Remote Management: Available Broadcom® TruManage™ technology allows IT to monitor and maintain the OptiPlex XE remotely, helping to minimize user downtime and schedule patches or updates during "off peak" hours.
- Easy On-the-Job Maintenance: The OptiPlex XE tool-less chassis includes a tool-less power supply that makes it easy to change a power-supply unit (PSU) quickly. Dell DirectDetect™ troubleshooting LEDs allow for quick diagnosis of hardware issues without opening the chassis.
- Built-In System Monitoring: The OptiPlex XE features a "watch-dog" timer to self-monitor features such as system boot, operating-system load and specified applications. Additional hardware-monitoring features provide notification in the event of temperature, power-on self-test (POST), fan and PSU failures.
- Customisable Dell Services: From ready-to-use hardware customization to dedicated technical service through Dell ProSupport for IT* and Dell ProManage, Dell offers a suite of highly customisable service and support offerings throughout the PC lifecycle.
Energy-Efficient Design, Environmental ResponsibilityWith its energy-efficient, environmentally conscious design, the OptiPlex XE reflects the potential benefits to your operations and your bottom line.
Energy-conscious features: The OptiPlex™ XE offers Dell Energy Smart power settings (select configurations) and 88 percent efficient power supplies. The Dell Client Energy Savings Calculator also lets you estimate energy usage for multiple, customized OptiPlex systems.
ENERGY STAR® compliance: As an ENERGY STAR-compliant partner, Dell has designed select configurations of the OptiPlex™ XE to comply with ENERGY STAR 5.0 standards for energy efficiency.
High environmental standards: Select configurations of the OptiPlex™ XE qualify for an EPEAT® Gold rating. Gold is the highest standard in the Electronic Product Environment Assessment Tool (EPEAT), a set of performance criteria for evaluating electronic products' environmental attributes in both public and private sectors.
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) (EMRP)
Windows® 7 Home Premium 32bit (English) (EMRP)
No Operating System
- 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4550, 1 DP & 1 DVI, 1 DP-DVI dongle, Low Profile
DVI Graphics Converter Card (Low Profile)
Low Profile 2 Port Powered Serial PCIe x1 card
Low Profile 2 Port 12V Powered USB PCI Card
No PCI Card For Low Height
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
Dell Data Protection / Access
Chassis lock slot and lock loop support
Chassis Intrusion Switch
- Intel® Q45 Express Chipset w/ICH10DO
300W 88% Efficient PSU; Energy Star 5.0 compliant, Active PFC
Small Form Factor:
280W 88% Efficient PSU; Energy Star 5.0 compliant, Active PFC
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels):
ENERGY STAR® 5.0, EPEAT Gold, EuP, CECP, TCO 05, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, CEC, Japan Green PC, FEMP, South Korea Eco-label, EU RoHS, China RoHS
Other Environmental Options:
Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Carbon Off-set; System Recycle (Asset Recovery Service)
Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
Regulatory Model (Desktop): D01D
Regulatory Type (Desktop): D01D001
Regulatory Model (Small Form Factor): D01S
Regulatory Type (Small Form Factor): D01S001
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price