Powerful, expandable and quiet
Drive a wide variety of office workloads with flexible performance and capacity in a worry-free infrastructure.
- Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 14 cores per processor
- 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMMS/LRDIMMS, speeds up to 2666MT/s, 512GB max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal controllers: PERC H730P, HBA330, H740P, H330, Software RAID (SWRAID)S140
External PERC (RAID): H840
External HBAs (non-RAID): 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB or 240GB
- Up to 4 or 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 80TB or up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 61TB
- 1X NVIDIA NVS 310 or
1X NVIDIA Quadro P4000
- 495W, 750W, 1100W hot-plug PSU; Gold efficiency 450W Cabled AC PSU
- Form factor: Tower or rack, 5U
Max depth: 594.82 mm
- Optional Security bezel
I/O and Ports
- 2 x 1GbE LOM
9 x USB (5 x USB 2.0, 4 x USB 3.0),
Up to 5 PCIe Gen3 slots
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell Repository Manager
Dell System Update
Dell Server Update Utility
Dell Update Catalogs
Microsoft® System Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
Accelerate modern workloads with an expandable platformAdapt to changing workloads with the versatile PowerEdge T440, an ideal entry-level server for small-to mid-sized business (SMB) and remote office/branch office (ROBO) sites. The T440 brings you flexibility with a rackable tower form factor, short 22-inch depth and quiet acoustics that are right for your office or data center. Meet your unique requirements with future-proof performance, capacity and I/O options.
- Workgroup collaboration and productivity
- Mail and messaging
- File and print serving
- Web serving
- Database applications
- Server consolidation and virtualization
Adapt and scale to dynamic business needs with greater flexibilityDesigned to grow with you, the PowerEdge T440 server is built on a scalable business architecture so you can continually optimize your performance and capacity. Outstanding efficiency helps you keep operating expenses in check as your requirements evolve.
- Scale compute resources with next-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and all-new memory architecture.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Grow data over time with up to 8 x 3.5" or 16 x 2.5" drives.
- Boost I/O performance with 5 x PCIe Gen3 I/O slots.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automationDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.*
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your customers and your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.