Versatile, high-capacity direct-attached storage DAS
Dell™ PowerVault™ MD1200 direct-attached storage enclosure offers versatility and high-capacity storage for mainstream applications with optimal performance in sequential (streaming) applications.
- Seamless server and primary storage expansion for 6Gb/s SAS environments
- Supports mainstream and capacity-intensive applications such as email, backup to disk and video streaming
- Versatility for investment protection and data tiering
Expansion for Mainstream and Capacity-Intensive Single Server Applications
Dell PowerVault MD1200 direct-attached storage array is the second generation of Dell’s low-cost, high-capacity expansion enclosure that improves density, versatility and performance over previous generation to enhance support for mainstream and capacity-intensive applications.
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers with the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter and provides you with the most drive flexibility of any Dell direct-attach storage arrays.
Easily Expand Your Server Capacity: The PowerVault MD1200 is engineered to seamlessly expand the capacity of Dell PowerEdge servers. This expansion array can support twelve, 3.5- or 2.5-inch SAS hard-disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) in a 2U array and expands up to 8 arrays behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter.
Versatility and Flexibility to Meet Most Business Needs: The PowerVault MD1200 is Dell’s most versatile direct-attached storage array. Featuring support for 2.5 inch drives, as well as the ability to mix 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter, PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.
Support the Business, no Matter the Need
The PowerVault MD1200 supports most mainstream business requirements with added flexibility and versatility to mix 2.5-inch drives in a 3.5-inch enclosure and mix 2.5- and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter.
Keeping Your Data Safe
Access and accuracy of your data are key to the success of any business. The PowerVault MD1200 has been engineered to help maximize your uptime and security of your data.
Leveraging the PERC H800 RAID ControllerThe PowerVault MD1220 leverages the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter with the latest PCI Express 2.0 interface, offering excellent performance for enterprise.
- The configuration of the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter helps to increase reliability and fault tolerance by enabling the software to recognize the entire array as a single unit, regardless of how many disks are activated for storage in the array. With the PERC H800, customers can choose the RAID option that supports their application. The PERC H800 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
- Dell PowerVault MD1200 storage array is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge servers. Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager Software can manage both the external array and internal storage within the server itself.
- Streamlining storage management through a single, common interface helps reduce resource load on the system, and is easier to navigate for the user as well. The PowerVault MD1200 utilizes the same 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives as 11th Generation PowerEdge servers, and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1220, helping to reduce the number of spares required.
- Up to twelve (12) hot-pluggable SAS Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) at 7200, 10K and 15K rpm and SAS Solid State Drives (SSDs)
3.5" SAS HDDs
15,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 300GB*, 450GB* and 600GB*
7,200 RPM (Nearline) 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 500GB*, 1TB*, 2TB* and 3TB*
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)
48TB* using 4TB* 3.5" 7,200 RPM 6Gb/s SAS disk drives
PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter enables expansion to 8 enclosures (4 enclosures per port)
- Support for the following configurations:
Unified mode (single path) for daisy chaining of up to 8 enclosures per PERC H800 (4 enclosures per port, single path)
Unified mode (redundant path) for daisy chaining up to 4 enclosures per PERC H800 (4 enclosures connected to both ports via redundant path cabling)
Split mode with dual Enclosure Management Modules providing direct connectivity to drives 0 through 5 and a separate connectivity to drives 6 through 11.
- Refer to RAID Card for details on supported Operating Systems:
8.7cm (3.43 inches)
48.2cm (18.98 inches)
59.4 (23.39 inches)
28.39 kg (62.6 lb) (maximum configuration)
8.84 kg (19.5 lb) (empty)
- Two fully redundant power supplies; supports DC power
Wattage: AC - 600 W; DC – 700 W
Heat dissipation: AC - 2047BTU/hr; DC - 2388 BTU/hr
Voltage: 100-240 VAC, auto sensing; 48V DC
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Amperage: 8.6 A at 100 V, 4.3 A at 240 V
Available Drive Power (per slot)
Supported drive power consumption (continuous):
up to 1.16 A at +5V
up to 1.6 A +12V
- 2 Enclosure Management Modules(EMM) provide redundant enclosure management capability
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with maximum temp gradation of 10°C per hour
Storage: -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F) with temp gradation of 20°C per hour
Supports Fresh Air cooling, up to 35 degrees Celsius
Operating: 8% to 85% (non-condensing) with maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: -16 to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
Having the right backup solution is key to protecting your critical information. So is having the right support. Dell ProSupport* is a portfolio of globally consistent, customer-driven support services that provide businesses of all sizes with flexible, reliable and easier support solutions.
Dell ProSupport starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24/7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Additional Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, productivity and sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must, this package includes priority four-hour on-site* service or optional two-hour response with six-hour hardware repair — Dell’s proven critical situation process and emergency dispatch.|
|Keep Your Hard Drive* — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Remote Advisory Options — Provide telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, Virtualization and more.
Basic Hardware Warranty
Ideal for nonessential application environments, this basic support service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with next-business-day, on-site service following completion of phone-based troubleshooting.
Additional Service Offerings
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skills for company compliance, the Dell-Certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
Our storage experts analyze existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a storage consolidation. They will also develop a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.