Highly mobile yet very powerful workstation
Ultrapowerful 15.6" mobile workstation, available with quad-core processors and professional-grade graphics.
Productive mobilityNo matter where your work takes you, the enhanced usability and robust feature set of the Precision™ M4600 provide superb mobility and functionality for go-anywhere productivity.
- Stay productive in low-light environments with the optional backlit keyboard.
- Keep in touch while on the move with a broad range of wireless* options, including wireless LAN, mobile broadband, WiMax™ and Bluetooth®.
- Intuitively interact with your work in a whole new way with the optional touch display that supports stylus and simultaneous four-finger touch
- Conveniently carry all your digital assets with you on up to 878GB* with optional SSD MiniCard.
- Help protect your most valuable asset, your intellectual property, with optional Dell DataSafe™ encryption, fingerprint reader and Dell System Track protection and recovery service.
Steadfast dependabilityDesigned for professionals who demand strength and reliability, the Precision™ M4600 is constructed for a long life of dependable service and, if needed, serviceability that’s easy to depend on:
- ISV certification to ensure established software reliability for demanding applications
- Rigid and durable aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis with a sleek professional design
- Compatibility with all Dell E-family docking options
- Robust manageability options, including Intel® vPro™, to help keep operations running smoothly and IT costs down
- Quick removal bottom door for easy access to the system’s critical components
- Help prevent data loss from system drops with the integrated Fast Response Free Fall Sensor
- Designed for durability and MIL-STD-810G tested for extreme temperatures, humidity, vibration, dust, altitude and shock
Service that goes beyond your expectations
Rest assured that your Precision mobile workstation will be well covered should an issue arise. Dell can get you up and running quickly and help you stay productive with responsive service and technicians.
Enjoy simplified deployment and improved consistency and compatibility with the CFI option of factory-integrated hardware, images, applications, peripherals and documents.
Help end downtime and resolve problems quickly with Dell™ ProSupport™*, which gives you 24/7 direct telephone access to advanced-level technicians based in your region.
Receive assistance even if you have a problem with non-Dell hardware or software through Dell™ ProSupport’s Collaborative Support feature. Our relationships with over 75 top third-party vendors enable us to act as your single point of contact.
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express
- AMD FirePro M5950 Mobility Pro with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory
- 39.6cm(15.6) HD(1366x768): anti-glare, LED-backlit
39.6cm(15.6) HD(1366x768): multi-touch (supports stylus / four finger simultaneous touch), LED-backlit
39.6cm(15.6) FHD(1920x1080): Dell UltraSharp™ , wide view, anti-glare, LED-backlit, Premium Panel Guarantee
39.6cm(15.6) FHD(1920x1080): Dell UltraSharp™ with PremierColor technology, IPS, wide view, anti-glare, LED-backlit, 100% Adobe RGB Color Gamut, Premium Panel Guarantee
- DVD-ROM; Slot load DVD+/-RW; Blu-ray Disc™ writer
- Power Supply:
180W AC adapter
6-cell (60Wh) with ExpressCharge™; 9-cell (97Wh); 9-cell (87Wh) 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty
- Lock slot
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2)
I/O Interface Security
Intel Anti-Theft Protection option (iATP)
Optional Contactless SmartCard reader
Standard or FIPS certified fingerprint reader
FIPS certified hardware-based full disk encryption
- Environmental standards (eco-labels) include:- ENERGY STAR® 5.0, EPEAT Gold; China - RoHS, CECP, CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE;
Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Dell Precision™ M4600
Apple MacBook Pro 15"
Time to complete set of rendering videos (in minutes). Lower numbers are better.
The 15 inch Dell system takes 6.5 percent of the time the Apple system takes time to complete the rendering tasks. Lower numbers are better.
Adobe Premiere Pro CSS task timing (in seconds)
Render Entire Work Area 1080p Sequences
The time the two 15-inch notebook systems took to render the entire work area. Lower numbers are better.
P2 sequence — 4 video layers
P2 sequence — 3 video layers
P2 sequence — 2 video layers
XDCAM sequence — 4 video layers
XDCAM sequence — 3 video layers
XDCAM sequence — 2 video layers
AVCHD sequence — 4 video layers
AVCHD sequence — 3 video layers
AVCHD sequence — 2 video layers
The time the two 15-inch notebook systems took to render the workload. Lower numbers are better.
Render simple sequnence with brightness and contrast effects
Render complex sequence with brightness and contrast effects
Render simple sequence with sharpness and tint effects
Render complex sequnce with sharpness and tint effects
Render sequence with Basic 3D Keyframed movement and Drop Shadow
Introducing Dell ProSupportProfessional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport™* starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell Global Command Centers
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Specialized Onsite Options — Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:||Keep Your Hard Drive — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and Setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Client Migration and Deployment
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration (CFI) services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services offer safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.
Dell offers comprehensive training services, including hardware and software training as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Our flexible approach, featuring instructor-led classrooms, virtual courses and even self-directed online options that enable you to tailor classes to the needs and busy schedules of your employees. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity and reduce end-user requests and downtime.