More performance, less investment.
Provide all-flash or hybrid storage at an exceptional value, and support up to 10,000 MS-Exchange mailboxes in just 2U of rack space.*
• Lowest effective $/GB on all-flash and hybrid arrays*
• Self-optimizing architecture, which responds to real-time data use
• Multi-array federation capability included with base product
• Native auto-failover for business continuity
• Intelligent deduplication and compression
• Enhanced virtualization and encryption
• Cross-platform replication and shared management with PS Series arrays
Enterprise storage features right from the startIdeal for stand-alone SANs or departmental/branch office deployments, the SC4020 is fully-integrated with the SC Series enterprise-class portfolio. Designed to support distributed large-scale growth, the SC Series portfolio ensures that as your organization grows, so will your ability to manage and access your data.
- Virtualized architecture eliminates need to pre-allocate RAID groups, increases overall flexibility
- Automated tiering among diverse media types* lets you buy fewer and less-expensive drives to meet your performance and capacity needs
- Space-efficient snapshots, remote synchronous/asynchronous replication and Fast Track disk optimization maximize every drive investment
Industry-leading TCO and investment protectionThe space-saving 2U SC4020 chassis includes dual controllers, 24 internal drive slots and high-performance Fibre Channel or iSCSI network ports, helping you lower data center energy costs.
- Grow to 192 drives (over 1PB raw capacity) per array with optional expansion enclosures
- Included Live Migrate “storage hypervisor” feature lets you move volumes non-disruptively between arrays without remapping hosts
- Simultaneous NAS support with optional FS8600 gateway
- Coexists in PS Series environments under common management
- Protects data with optional FIPS-certified self-encrypting SSDs and HDDs
- Maps resources to business priorities with QoS and VMware Virtual Volumes (VVol) support
A new level of Storage Center OS efficiencySCOS 7 is a ground-breaking leap forward in the evolution of Dell’s SC platform, offering diverse environments the ideal access point to deploy uniquely adaptable, future-ready storage solutions. New capabilities include:
- Over 10:1 capacity savings with intelligent deduplication and compression*
- Federated data control with Live Migrate
- Seamless business continuity with Live Volume auto-failover between arrays
- Unified management and cross-platform replication between SC and PS Series arrays
- Quality-of-Service (QoS), VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols) support, iSCSI Datacenter Bridging (DCB)* and more…
Key SC Series OS and software advantages are summarized below. See individual spec sheets and product documentation for additional features and specific platform support.
Self-optimizing, automated storageBased on actual use and application performance requirements, SC Series Data Progression automatically optimizes your drive tiers and RAID levels for performance and cost savings. By default, all new data is written to fastest Tier 1 drives at RAID 10 performance levels, then converted to economical RAID 5/6 for subsequent reads.
As data ages, it’s moved to less expensive storage until it becomes more active again. All-flash and hybrid arrays can leverage the unique attibutes of write- and read-intensive SSDs in combination. Data is precisely where it’s needed, when it’s needed – the perfect combination of high IOPs and cost savings.
• Intelligent deduplication* and compression for all storage tiers and drive types
• Dynamic Capacity (thin provisioning) completely separates storage allocation from utilization, enabling you to allocate any size volume up front yet only consume physical capacity on write
• Data Instant Replays solves tradeoff issues between snapshot granularity and capacity cost savings
• Remote Instant Replay (“thin replication”) offers a cost-effective disaster recovery solution
Advanced data mobility, business continuity and securityThe SC Series Live Migrate “storage hypervisor” feature, included with the base product, allows you to move data seamlessly between arrays without remapping your hosts, optimizing utilization of available capacity and cache across federated multi-array systems.
Live Volume auto-failover offers a native business continuity solution, providing volume-level protection from unplanned outages with no need for additional hardware or software.
And, to avoid data loss or compromise from physical security breaches, the SC Series offers a complete range of FIPS 140-2 certified self-encrypting drives (SEDs) in both SSD and HDD formats, plus support for leading third-party key managers.
Intuitive management at your fingertipsDell Storage Manager (DSM, formerly known as Enterprise Manager) provides comprehensive monitoring and management of all local and remote SC Series arrays. With DSM you can streamline administration and reduce operating costs with advanced features like volume-level QoS, VVols support and departmental “charge-back” reporting, allowing instant visibility and control of a multi-terabyte, multi-location environment.
DSM also allows you to perform day-to-day tasks across SC and PS Series arrays from a single management interface. Easy-to-use data replication and migration between platforms gives PS customers flexibility to add SC arrays to their environment, if and when they choose.
With the introduction of Application Protection Manager for Oracle and now enhanced for the Linux environment, you can create application-consistent Replays for Oracle databases. Combined with Storage Center Data Instant Replay (DIR), it will ensure reliable application, consistent backup and recovery of Oracle and Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) enabled applications (Exchange, SQL and Hyper-V) and VMware virtual machines (VMs).
Dell Storage SC Series expansion enclosuresIn addition to its 24 internal drive slots, SC4020 supports non-disruptive expansion to 192 total drives (over 1PB raw capacity) per array, with even larger capacities available in federated multi-array configurations. Flash and/or HDD tiers are supported to meet specific performance, cost or density needs using any combination of the following expansion enclosures.
Dell Storage SC200
|Dell Storage SC220|
• (24) 2.5" drive slots
• 2U rack size
• 368.64TB max capacity per enclosure
• 6Gb SAS (dual modules) controller-enclosure connection
• Supports intermixed drives
• SSDs: 200GB/400GB/480GB/800GB/960GB/1.6TB/1.92TB/ 3.84TB/15.36TB
• HDDs: 300GB/600GB 15K, 900GB/1.2TB/1.8TB 10K and 1TB 7.2K
• Compatible with SC9000, SC8000, SC7020 and SC4020 controllers
Dell Storage SC280