Dell Precision M4500
Creative professionals whose work demands balance of mobility and home-office use.
Maximized PerformanceWorking "on the go" has never been so powerful and productive. A robust mobile workstation, the Dell Precision™ M4500 features:
- Windows® 7 Ultimate.
- Advanced 3D graphics featuring NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 880M or Quadro® FX 1800M graphics engine with 1GB of dedicated graphics memory for demanding tasks such as video editing, animation and CAD manipulation.
- Intel® Core™ i5, Core™ i7 and Core™ i7 Quad Extreme Edition processors for number crunching performance.
- 3 years long-life battery to maximize productivity.
- Choice of 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, including Red Hat® Linux®, designed to take advantage of a range of workstation applications.
- Comprehensive security and data protection features such as a pre-boot, multifactor user authentication and hardware processed drive encryption.
Application EmpoweringISV-Certified Technology
Dell understands that professions requiring a mobile workstation also demand technical reliability and ease of integration. To that end, we:
- Partner with leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to certify system and application compatibility, right out of the box
- Conduct rigorous testing to ensure exceptional performance on every Dell Precision workstation
- Base every Dell Precision workstation on standards-based technologies
Mobility and High ScalabilityThe Dell Precision™ M4500 offers prodigious scalability for a 15.6" mobile workstation. Each M4500 system is backed with a variety of innovative technologies to take on and keep up with the growing demands of the business world.
- Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit.
- Estimated starting weight of only 6.0 lbs/2.73 kg.
- Up to 256GB high-speed, highly reliable solid-state drives (SSDs), designed without moving parts to help improve data reliability.
- Innovative optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage.
- Easy wireless communication with WiFi, Bluetooth® and mobile-broadband options.
- Dell Precision ON technology for near-instant access to email, calendar, contacts and the web, as well as easy access to virtual remote desktops.
Solutions for Total Control of OwnershipAs part of the Dell™ E-Family product line, Dell Precision mobile workstations are compatible with existing E-Family accessories, including port replicators, notebook stands, display and monitor stands, and external storage modules.
Equipped with Intel® vPro™ technology and delivered with Dell ControlPoint™ software to help manage system settings and connections, the M4500 also embeds Dell ControlVault security, FIPS fingerprint reader and contactless smart-card reader. Together, these options provide a comprehensive solution that can help to strengthen and simplify security.
Dell Services, such as Dell ImageDirect™ , CFI, Dell ProSupport™ or lifecycle services, are also available on Dell Precision mobile workstations, making these systems easy to manage, support and deploy.
- 39.6cm (15.6“) HD UltraSharp LED Display (1366x768) Resolution
39.6cm (15.6“) HD+ UltraSharp LED Display (1600x900) Resolution
39.6cm (15.6“) FHD LED Back-Lit Display (1920x1080) Resolution
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW, Blu Ray
Wireless LAN, Bluetooth® 2.1
Next Generation Mobile Broadband4 with GPS
Dell Wireless 1501 802.11g 1x1 Mini-Card
Dell Wireless 1520 802.11 a/g/n 2x2 Mini-Card
Intel Wireless 6100 802.11 a/g/n 2x2 Mini-Card
Intel Wireless 6300 802.11 a/g/n 3x3 Mini-Card
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
Smart Card Reader and optional Contactless Smart Card Reader
Fingerprint Reader (optional)
FIPS Fingerprint Reader (optional)
TPM 1.2 (where available)
Wave Embassy Trust Suite
802.11 WiFi® Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) 802.1x with EAP modes and compatible with CCX 4.0
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Weight & Dimensions:
Starting weight: 2.73 kg/6.0 lbs (with 6-cell battery)
Width: 374mm/ 14.72"
Height: (front/back) 29.1-36.1mm/ 1.15-1.42"
Depth: 253mm/ 9.96"
1394 4-pin, USB 2.0(x4), VGA, Display Port, RJ-45, Audio, eSATA
8-in-1 card reader; ExpressCard 34; PC Card
- Power Supply:
130 Watt AC adapter
6 or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Specialized Onsite Options - Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:||Keep Your Hard Drive* - Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Basic Hardware Warranty|
Your Dell™ Precision™ comes with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty with Next Business Day On-site Service*. The Limited Warranty provides Hardware Technical Phone and 24x7 On-Line Support.
|Customization and Set-Up|
NEW! Advanced Configuration Services
During the purchase process, quickly and easily modify and customize the standard operating system image and computer configurations of the systems you're ordering.
Custom Factory Integration
Take delivery of new Dell workstations with your customized software images pre-installed. Let us build your servers with non-standard Dell hardware. The asset tagging option helps you track and manage systems throughout their life.
Training and Certification
Get more out of your Dell workstation with Dell's vast array of online and instructor-led classes. Dell Certification programs can give you the knowledge and expertise required to install, configure, manage and monitor Dell networking solutions as well as hardware maintenance accreditations for both client and enterprise systems.