Affordable speed and capacity for the enterprise
Enhance your enterprise data center with the 10GbE performance, high capacity and cost-effectiveness of EqualLogic PS4110XV 3.5" 10GbE iSCSI arrays.
Up to 256
128 per volume / up to 2,048 total per group
Up to 512 per pool / 1024 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
10GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: One 10GBASE-T with RJ45 and one 10GbE SFP+ for fibre or twin-ax copper cabling per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. A maximum of two (2) PS4xx0 arrays can be in a group.
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase
700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 600 mm (23.62 inches)
Weight: 29.3 kg (64.6 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 39.54 Kg (87.17 lb)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
Master your data-hungry tasks with EqualLogic PS4110XV 3.5" — powerful performance with easy, flexible management for enterprise data centers and remote and branch offices.
Ideal for your growing storage needs, the PS4110XV 3.5” 10GbE iSCSI array is a Dell Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Use the EqualLogic virtualized scale-out architecture for enterprise server consolidation and virtualization.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your enterprise-wide EqualLogic SAN, including PS4110 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SANHQ).
- Easily grow your EqualLogic SAN by adding other PS Series arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Build a faster, more powerful data center using PS4110XV 3.5” 10GbE arrays. With Seriel Attached SCSI (SAS) 3.5” drives, the PS4110XV 3.5” is an excellent balance of cost, capacity and performance. It features:
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 12 hot-swappable 15K 3.5” SAS drives with up to 7.2TB* capacity
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SANHQ management software
Software and Services for a complete SAN solutionDell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions with software and services options to help you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Included with your PS Series array purchase are the EqualLogic™ array software and host software — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution.
EqualLogic Array Software
- EqualLogic Group Manager helps to streamline storage and data management.
- EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility minimizes downtime when transferring large amounts of data.
- EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
- Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the upgrade process with guided update management.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualizes SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimizes performance
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments to offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance and capacity and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with Support Assist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.
End-to-end servicesDell offers a wide range of professional services and tools to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your PS Series environment, including Dell ProSupport and SupportAssist.
Dell Services storage experts go beyond everyday administration to help you improve the performance and utilization of your Dell Storage systems. The Dell Storage Services portfolio provides system installation and implementation as well as training. From disaster recovery planning to physical relocation, the Dell Services team is available to provide professional assistance when you need it.
Comprehensive, proactive supportWith Dell ProSupport, you get the most out of your investment with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Dell ProSupport doesn’t just extend your IT team, it offers a single point of contact for all your hardware and software issues. Innovative tools like SupportAssist offer proactive issue notification and automated case creation to help streamline your support experience.
We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support for your Dell Storage PS Series solution. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Implement fast. Implement correctly. Implement once.Dell ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* can reduce costs and relieve your IT department of time-consuming implementation tasks that otherwise divert valuable IT resources from business-critical activities. We bring two unmatched values to every Dell Storage implementation: deep knowledge of our products and broad experience from performing thousands of deployments every year, in just about every type of customer environment. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Start on the right path with Dell Education ServicesGain the skills and knowledge necessary to simplify administration, optimize resources and improve disaster recovery with Dell Storage training. Choose from online courses designed to introduce Dell Storage to hands-on training that dive into the advanced features and best practices to prepare for a successful implementation right from the start. Learn more about the right classes for your organization.
Transform your data centerDell Storage Consulting Services can help you meet your complex storage infrastructure and data management needs while optimizing resources and budgets. Consulting services can help with:
• Storage infrastructure consolidation and risk-managed migration for both PS and SC Series systems
• Storage infrastructure optimization for virtual environments
• Data protection process development and backup/restore policies
• Data archiving to address long-term data retention, access and regulatory compliance
• Classification and categorization of data for storage tiering and archival
• Storage high availability and disaster recovery planning, design and implementation