Simultaneous local and remote data protection for rapid recovery
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
Make data protection simple and efficientData protection and disaster recovery are fundamental requirements for your success in the competitive business environment. However, server-based replication can drive up your operating costs and force you to expand your data-center footprint with complex management schemes and additional management tools and software copies.
Offloading data protection and replication tasks from the servers to the Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE appliance enables a streamlined data protection process to help improve business continuity and speed disaster recovery.
The Dell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE appliance tightly integrates data protection and replication into existing Dell | EMC storage environments, enabling:
- Simple data protection and replication – one set of appliances does the job of many software packages
- Efficient implementation and usability – a single user interface that enables you to set up, monitor and maintain your replication and recovery tasks and status
RecoverPoint/SE also has unique features that take full advantage of available bandwidth. These features help to prevent replication failure due to temporary bandwidth limitations, including:
- Compression algorithms for wide area network (WAN) bandwidth reduction
- Automated bandwidth management shifts replication from synchronous to asynchronous and back again — depending on available bandwidth
Maximize business uptimeDell | EMC RecoverPoint/SE enables your administrators to implement local and remote data protection simultaneously, creating multiple copies of local and remote data to improve data protection and application reliability. RecoverPoint/SE also enables quick restore to help ensure business continuity and speed data recovery.
- Concurrent local and remote (CLR) protection offers the benefits of CDP and CRR seamlessly, without additional complexity, licensing costs or additional administrator intervention.
- Any-point-in-time recovery without impacting production applications or ongoing replication.
- Rollback enables you to use local or remote data to return to a known good state in the case of data corruption or loss.
An indispensable member of your Dell | EMC environmentRecoverPoint/SE is designed to tightly interface with Dell | EMC CX3 and CX4 family products and to support Fibre Channel block logical units (LUNs) on Dell | EMC Celerra NS-120 and NS-480 unified storage systems.
Extensible application integration
Business applications from Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and others can be assimilated, creating application-consistent recovery points for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server through VSS or VDI APIs.
RecoverPoint/SE supports point-in-time recovery in virtualized VMware Infrastructure™ and Microsoft® Hyper-V™ server environments, and integrates with VMware vCenter Converter™ and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager™ (SRM).
Wide OS support
A CLARiiON array-based splitter, which duplicates write code and directs it to the RecoverPoint/SE appliance, supports Microsoft Windows® , Linux, OpenVMS™ , Solaris and VMware ESX server.
Dell ProSupport– Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical * - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Proactive Maintenance - Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
Dell ProConsultStorage Consulting from Dell offers a comprehensive suite of assessment, design and implementation services to help customers get the most from their DELL/EMC CX series product, covering data management, application performance, data protection and cost of ownership. Dell Consultants can provide practical action-oriented plans, to deliver specific, predictable and measured outcomes through high-impact, short duration projects.
- Dell/EMC SAN Solution Design (standard and custom). This is the provision of a Fiber Channel/iSCSI SAN solution design, incorporating array, Storage Area Network and integration of key applications. Key deliverables include a design document and an implementation guide mapping customer requirements to the most appropriate architecture and technical solution.
- Dell/EMC Local Data Protection Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design). This is the provision of design services for data protection within the same SAN utilizing EMC software snapshot capability.
- Dell/EMC Remote Data Protection Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design) This is the provision of design for data protection across one or more SAN, utilizing EMC software replication capabilities.
- Dell/EMC Backup Integration Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design). This is the provision of design to integrate backup software such as Symantec® , Commvault® and Legato® with EMC software snapshot or replicas capability.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Enhanced installation and configuration with Dell professional project management and documentation. A project manager will be acting as the single-point-of-contact for the entire installation project from pre-site audit to co-ordination of the installation and delivery of post-project documentation.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.