High-Availability Switch for Data Center Aggregation and Backbone Switching
Large enterprise data centers, virtualized environments and HPC, A wide range of advanced applications, including IPv6 and end-to-end QoS, Connecting thousands of servers in end-of-row and middle-of-row architectures.
Modular Layer 2/3 Ethernet Switch
The PowerConnect B-RX16 Layer 2/3 Ethernet switch enables network designers to deploy a scalable Ethernet infrastructure designed to support application convergence, nonstop operation, network growth and IP version 6 (IPv6)-readiness.
The PowerConnect B-RX16 incorporates the latest advances in modular switch architecture, system resilience, quality of service (QoS) and switch security, setting industry benchmarks for performance, scalability and total cost of ownership (TCO).
To ensure high-availability operation for demanding environments, the resilient and redundant design includes:
- Systems-configured dual management modules with sub-detection and failover
- Switch fabric element redundancy
- Hitless management failover
In addition, the chassis supports M+N power module redundancy for AC and DC power configurations (M = number of supplies needed for a fully loaded system and N = 1 to M supply redundancy).
Advanced Capabilities in the Data Center
Industry-Leading Layer 2 Features
To provide self-healing topologies in Layer 2 configurations, the PowerConnect B-RX16 supports industry-standard Ethernet protocols, including:
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP)
- Per VLAN STP (PVST)
- Per VLAN group STP (PVGST)
PowerConnect B-RX16 also supports Brocade® Metro Ring Protocol (MRP) for subsecond service restoration in ring topologies, as well as multi-instance spanning tree, VLAN topology grouping and VLAN tunneling for advanced Layer 2 service configurations.
Robust Layer 3 Feature Set
With Brocade IronWare™ software suite brought to you by Dell, PowerConnect B-RX16 incorporates scalable Exterior Gateway Protocol (EGP) and Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) routing protocols — such as Border Gateway Protocol v4 (BGPv4), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), direct routing, policy-based routing and a comprehensive multicast feature set. In addition, the switch includes Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and VRRPE, which enable it to operate as a backup router to other network routers. In the event of a router failure, the PowerConnect B-RX16 will automatically and seamlessly take over the tasks of the failed router.
Advanced Quality of ServiceThe PowerConnect B-RX16 enables administrators to enforce QoS policies based on port, VLAN, source MAC, ACL rules, 802.1p priority, ToS, DiffServ settings or rate limiting status.
- Very low latency across all packet sizes — Consistent low latency for strict priority applications, such as voice over IP, high-performance computing and video over IP
- Configurable combinations of queuing disciplines and congestion control policies — Combinations of strict priority queuing (SPQ) and weighted fair queuing (WFQ) enhance flexibility for network administrators. In the event of egress port congestion, traffic policies can be configured for tail drop or weighted random early detection (WRED) operation.
- Advanced bandwidth management — Enables intelligent bandwidth management using hardware-based enforcement of committed information rate (CIR) with excess burst control in addition to seamless integration with other advanced QoS features, such as priority marking and honoring
Advanced SecurityExtended Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4 access control lists (ACLs) manage packet forwarding and restrict access to the system management interface, while providing wire-speed switching and routing:
- Extensible ACL implementation for Layer 3 and 4 information — Identifies traffic based on source or destination IP address, IP protocol type, TCP or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port, IP precedence or Type of Service (ToS) values
- Flexible ACL implementation for Layer 2 information — Identifies traffic based on source or destination Media Access Control (MAC) address, Ethernet type, virtual LAN (VLAN)-ID values and 802.1p values
- ACL scalability — Supports up to 8,000 ACLs
- Ease of administration — Identifies an ACL by name or number, or adds a comment line to facilitate administration
- Secure shell and secure copy — Provides secure access to the administration and management interface over the network
Supporting Your Unique Environment
The right support is not one size fits all, it’s what fits your environment. The Dell™ ProSupport™ portfolio of support services provides a flexible, reliable and easy support model that empowers you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. Choose support based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources.
If you don’t have an IT staff, Dell ProSupport for end users is the way to go. You’ll receive:
- 24x7x365 direct break-fix hardware and software support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ Anti-Virus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®
- Remote setup assistance for simple networks (wired and wireless)
- Award-winning support from Global Command Centers for dispatch monitoring and end-to-end case management for critical situations or natural disasters
If you have an IT team, Dell ProSupport for IT is right for you. You’ll receive:
- 24x7x365 direct access to Dell expert centers via email, chat and phone support
- Mission Critical Response options, including ability to self-designate Severity Level 1
- Hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting, including direct Dell OEM (original equipment manufacturer) support and third-party collaborative support
- Skip the script and save time with tech-to-tech support
- Fast track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians, enabling you to self-dispatch parts and labor
Further maximize the availability and stability of your infrastructure through Dell ProSupport options such as asset and data protection, speed of response, specialized on-site services, proactive maintenance and remote advisory services. Streamline patch management and get detailed reporting. Get advice via telephone access to technical expertise on applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, virtualization and more. And for more complex IT environments, choose the enterprise-wide contract option, which provides a designated Service Delivery manager, performance benchmarking, proactive planning and custom reporting.
To learn more about Dell ProSupport visit www.dell.com/prosupport
Simplify Your IT Infrastructure
Dell ProConsult global infrastructure consulting services can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualizing your environment. We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
We utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver return on investment (ROI) and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed time to production of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system-build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering Your Team
Our education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware so you can reap the full benefits of standards-based technologies.
For more information, please visit www.dell.com/services