Optimize compute performance.
Maximize hyperscale performance with up to 4 independent server nodes, flexible storage and shared infrastructure in a compact 2U chassis.
Performance and efficiencyBuild your high-performance clusters and scale-out solutions with PowerEdge C6320 servers, featuring:
- Next-generation Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors with increased core counts over prior E5-2600 v3 models, supporting up to 512GB of memory per server node for a total of 2TB of memory in a highly dense and modular 2U solution.
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller, cost optimized in C6320, to provide stable, efficient server management in physical, virtual, local and remote environments
- Flexible 2.5" and 3.5" high-capacity drive configurations
- 16 DIMM slots to tailor memory capacity (up to 512GB*) to meet your needs
- DDR4 memory providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and drawing up to 30 percent less power than DDR3 RAM
Save space and meet changing workloads by providing the right mix of processor performance, node options and energy efficiency with up to four independent sleds (server nodes) and flexible HDD assignments in one 2U chassis.
- Up to 44 cores per node, 176 core per chassis
- Up to 24 x 2.5" or 12 x 3.5" SAS, SATA or SSD hot-plug drives per chassis
- Dual hot-plug, high-efficiency 1400W and 1600W power supplies
- Optional Integrated SATA DOM (64GB) boot device frees up valuable hard drive space for your data
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 slot and one x8 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine slot per 1U sled
- Integrated LOM: 2x 10GbE (SFP+)
Enhance your productivity
Easily manage your PowerEdge C6320 servers by automating routine lifecycle management tasks with technology from the Dell OpenManage portfolio, based on the agent-free iDRAC8 with embedded Lifecycle Controller, working alone or in conjunction with other Dell OpenManage components and third-party management tools, including:
- OpenManage Essentials
- Dell’s integrations for BMC BladeLogic
- Microsoft System Center
- VMware vCenter
Easing your management tasks
Harness the C6320’s hyperscale capabilities for demanding performance and workload-intensive environments.
- HPC — Implement high-performance, low-latency, massively parallel computing for dense clusters that need high scalability with maximum performance per U.
- Analytics and big data — Support large-scale data analysis with a maximum compute-density footprint and the ability to tailor server configurations to changing workloads.
- Cloud — Substantial scalability and density help allow cloud and hosting providers reduce capital expenses and maximize operational performance per sq. ft./per watt.
- Web 2.0 — Match your server infrastructure to large web-hosting workloads and help eliminate over-provisioning with high scalability and flexible rapid-configuration options.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
Up to 4 x 2-socket servers: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 cores per processor
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
- Up to 512GB (16 DIMM per motherboard): 8GB/16GB/32GB DDR4 up to 2133MT/s
32GB DIMM will be available post release
- SAS, SATA, SSD
SATA 24 x 2.5” or 12 x 3.5” hard drive options
24 x 2.5” hard drive option with variable drive allocation
- Height: 8.68 cm (3.42 in.)
Width: 44.8 cm (17.6 in.)
Depth: 79.0 cm (31.1 in.)
Weight (maximum configuration): 41 kg (90.4 lbs)
Weight (empty): 15.1 kg (33.3 lbs)
- 2U rack mount
- Hot-swappable server nodes
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant power
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
- Dual hot-plug redundant high-efficiency 1400W or 1600W power supplies (high-line 220V)
- Intel C612: SATA HDDs or SATA SSDs only
PERC H330 (optional)
LSI ® 2008 mezzanine (optional)
- Intel C612 chipset
- Up to 72TB SATA3 or nearline 48TB SAS
- 1 x16 PCIe 3.0 half-height, half-length
1 x8 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine
- 2x Intel® 82599ES 10GbE (SFP+)
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade option)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, with Hyper-V®
- 1Gb Ethernet:
Intel Powerville I350 Dual Port 1GbE (PCIe adapter)
Intel Powerville I350 Dual Port 1GbE PCIe (mezzanine)
10Gb Ethernet :
Intel Twinville X540 Dual Port 10GbE 10Base-T (mezzanine)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Single Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+ (PCIe adapter)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Dual Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+(PCIe adapter)
Mellanox ConnectX3 VPI Single Port FDR / 40GbE QSFP+(mezzanine)
- Static rails support tool-less installation in 19” EIA-310-E compliant square or unthreaded round hole 4-post racks, including Dell PowerEdge 2420, 4220 and 4820 racks