Seamlessly integrate your M-series blade servers
Get enterprise-class performance, improved scalability and easy deployment with the Dell™ 8/4 Gbps FC SAN Module — a flexible, standards-based platform that works seamlessly with your blade servers.
- NPIV standards-based solution ensures connectivity into the SAN infrastructure of your choice.
- Port aggregation capabilities reduce the cost and complexity of deploying M-series blades into existing storage area networks (SANs).
- Support for 8/4/2 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) SANs provides investment protection for current and future SANs.
Fibre Channel ports
- Up to 16 internal (server) ports and 8 external (SAN) ports. Model ships with 12 active ports enabled (2 external ports with 8Gbps SFP+ modules and 10 anywhere ports) for flexibility and growth based on your fibre channel needs. Port upgrade licenses and SFP+ optics available to utilize remaining 12 ports.
- Connects to any T11 standards-based NPIV FC SAN using 8/4 Gbps HBA mezzanine cards
Flexible connections to multiple SANs through external SAN ports
External Auto-sensing of 8, 4, and 2 Gbit/sec port speeds
Internal speed matching between 8 and 4 Gbit/sec ports
- 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex;
4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex;
2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- 384 Gbit/sec end-to-end (full duplex)
- 700 ns with no contention, cut through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3
- F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
- 8Gb SFP+ optical transceivers (single pack)
Port upgrade license (enables additional 12 ports)
- Supported Mgmt Software
Telnet, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog
SSL, SSH v2, HTTPS, LDAP, RADIUS, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), Port Binding, Switch Binding, Secure RPC, Secure Copy (SCP), Trusted Switch, IPSec, IP Filtering
Serial port (RJ-45)
M1000e Chassis Management Controller (CMC)
POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAStrace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port)
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds— without media
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C(32°F to 104°F)
Non-operating: -20°C to 70°C(-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
20G for 6ms
50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 grams random for 15 minutes
- DC Input
12V and 3.3V from M1000e blade chassis (shared power supplies)
Simplified networking for your data centerConnect to the Fibre Channel (FC) storage area network (SAN) of your choice while still providing failover and port aggregation benefits that high-density, high-performance data centers require.
The Dell™ 8/4 Gbps FC SAN Module — when combined with an N_port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled FC SAN and any of the Fibre Channel HBA mezzanine cards available for M-Series blades — leverages your SAN fabric management infrastructure and simplifies blade deployment.
Connect without the headaches
- Experience plug-and-play simplicity with enterprise-class FC port aggregation.
- Minimize the number of touches required by storage and networking administrators in blade deployments.
- Integrate Dell M-Series blades into any NPIV-enabled FC SAN infrastructure easily.
- Get the best of all worlds with simplified I/O (input/output) management and beneficial port aggregation.
- Scale as needed from 12 to 24 ports to meet the changing demands of your data center.
- Enable multiple fabric support for you to isolate servers with special bandwidth requirements and connect to several fabrics using a single module.
- Enjoy peace of mind with automatic failover and failback.
- Ensure data security by employing device-based authorization and policy-based control of SAN connections all the way to individual servers and virtual machines.
Network assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
The Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Dell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
Dell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
• Access Distribution Networking
• Gateway and Security
• Microsoft Exchange
• Wireless Networking
• Systems Management
• Core Layer/MPLS Networking
• Data Protection and Recovery
• Storage Area Networking (SAN)
• Storage Technologies