Migrate your data the safe, fast and easy way.
Provide the flexibility to control how data is migrated.
Benefit from these key features with Secure Copy:
File and share security migration
Copy permissions on files and even on file shares -- users retain exactly the access they had on the source file
Local user and group migration
- Have permissions assigned to a local user or group
- Migrate permissions automatically to the destination, ensuring that they remain intact
- Migrate local users and groups into Active Directory to consolidate your security
- Filter and exclude based on file type, last access time, last modification time and other file attributes and criteria
- Skip migrating files that aren’t critical
- Maintain or set all file attributes, ensuring that “last access,” “last modified,” “archived” and other attributes remain intact on the destination
- By maintaining attributes, your files will maintain consistency post migration
- Drastically improve performance by copying files in parallel, especially when copying many smaller files
- Maximize network throughput and be more efficient while cutting data migration times in half
Run jobs during business hours with minimal production impact by intelligently throttling bandwidth utilization, even across low-bandwidth WAN links
Inaccessible file copying
Copy files to which you don’t have access by using Administrator Override -- there’s no need to manually take ownership of files or change file access prior to the migration, because Secure Copy handles it for you
Open and locked file copying
Rely on Windows’ native Volume Shadow Copy Service to grab snapshots of open files, enabling you to migrate consistent point-in-time copies of data that may be locked by another process
Phased migration capabilities
- Enable phased migrations through data synchronization, keeping all of your users online and productive until you’re ready to cut over to the new server
- Perform full, incremental and differential copy jobs
- Schedule copy jobs to automatically take place during off hours or after an import is complete, even when you’re not there to babysit
- Run tasks via batch files automatically before or after a migration job, saving time by automating tasks – such as starting a service – you would perform manually before or after the migration
Execute and schedule jobs right from the command line, making Secure Copy fully accessible from batch files, runbook automation tools and other automation interfaces
Create multiple, consistent copy jobs from a single template, helping to ensure the best results every time
User and file update utilities
- Point home paths, profile paths and other data paths to the new server with ease
- Migrate printers online, update hyperlinks and OLE links in Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, as well as update shortcuts to files, folders and computers
- Enable users to access all of their data quickly after the migration
Numerous predefined reports draw from Secure Copy’s detailed job logs, quickly summarizing the status and details of any data migration job
Job status dashboard
Track job status with at-a-glance graphs and gauges, including performance, migration status by file type and more
Get post-migration statistics on migrated data, helping maintain the security and control needed even for highly regulated environments
Supported management platforms
Windows Server® 2008 R2
Windows Server® 2008
Windows Server® 2012
Windows Server® 2012 R2
Windows® 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows® 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Minimum system requirements
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later
User privilege requirements
In order to use Secure Copy, a user must have administrative rights.
Download free trial to see the full list of system requirements.
Download printable materials to gain insight on how this product can help you simplify IT challenges.
Peruse webcasts and in-person activities near you to explore the technology behind this product.
Get the most from this product as you join your peers and Dell experts to access tools and learn best practices.