Gigabit Ethernet Switch With Virtual Chassis Technology for Fiber Networks
The PowerConnect™ J-EX4200-24F Ethernet switch for enterprise networks combines the pay-as-you-grow convenience and low-power and cooling features of stackable switches with the performance, availability, port densities and operational ease of chassis-based platforms. The J-EX4200-24F switch delivers 24 ports of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet small form-factor pluggable (SFP) fiber support, with an option for four uplink ports.
- Ethernet switch offers high availability, high performance and a single point of management in a compact, power-efficient 1U framework.
- Virtual chassis technology enables connecting up to 10 switches as a single logical device supporting up to 240 server access ports, lowering management and administrative overhead.
- Junos® network OS with a consistent feature set helps shorten the learning curve and lower operational expenses.
Includes Extended Life Warranty*
Extended Life Warranty provides the assurance that your hardware will be repaired or replaced for as long as you own the product. *Warranty extends until five years after end of product model sales. Fans and power supply are limited to five years from date of purchase. Details at Dell.com/warranty
Innovative ArchitectureThe PowerConnect J-EX4200-24F Ethernet switches feature complete enterprise Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching capabilities to satisfy your high-density access and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) aggregation requirements.
- Optional GbE and 10 GbE uplink modules enable high-speed connectivity to aggregation or core-layer switches.
- Internal redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and a field-replaceable fan tray with redundant blowers help ensure maximum uptime.
- A purpose-built, packet-forwarding-engine application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) consistently delivers wire-rate forwarding, even with all control-plane features enabled.
Virtual Chassis TechnologyIn a virtual chassis configuration, all switches can be monitored and managed as a single device, which enables administrators to improve network efficiency by separating physical topology from logical end-point groupings.
Up to 10 PowerConnect J-EX4200-24F switches can be connected to create a single logical device supporting up to 240 100/1000BASE-X ports plus an additional 20 GbE or ten 10 GbE uplink ports, which helps:
- Ease configuration and management
- Reduce operational costs
- Simplify cabling
- Lower cooling costs
- Conserve data center floor space
Servers attached to the top-of-rack devices are connected by a single, high-bandwidth, low-latency switch and do not rely on an aggregation switch for server-to-server communications. What's more, different models, such as the PowerConnect J-EX4200-24T and PowerConnect J-EX4200-48T, can be mixed to provide a variety of port and density options.
A single virtual switch can also be created using the GbE or 10 GbE uplink ports to extend the virtual chassis configuration across long distances, spanning different wiring closets, floors or even buildings.
Junos Operating SystemThe PowerConnect J-EX4200-24F Ethernet switch runs on the Junos OS, which is commonly used across all J-Series products, as well as many of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
- Highly disciplined, the Junos OS development process uses a single source code, follows a single quarterly release train and employs a highly available modular architecture that prevents isolated failures from bringing an entire system down.
- Fully regression-tested, each new release is a true superset of the previous version. Therefore, whenever Junos-powered products are updated, all existing capabilities will be maintained and operate in the same way.
- Session-based forwarding combines the session state information of a traditional firewall and the next-hop forwarding of a classic router into a single operation, helping to improve throughput and lower latency for session traffic when compared to classic.
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell™ ProSupport™ for End Users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff, this offering includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Acrobat®
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell™ ProSupport™ for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
|Customization and Set up|
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or next-business-day response.