Simple, small-business file storage built on enterprise hardware
This product is currently unavailable. Please find our recommendation for a comparable system below.
If your small business needs to consolidate file storage with enterprise-class security and data recovery, the Dell™ PowerVault™ NX200 offers a simple tower solution that you can set up and manage without dedicated IT support.
- Purpose-built NAS — Network-attached storage (NAS) backed by an enterprise company that supports the storage consolidation requirements of small businesses.
- Preconfigured system — Choose your capacity online and your system is ready to ship.
- Automated installation wizard — Set up and start running quickly.
- High-performance CPU and RAM — Store, find, work and save large files fast.
- Microsoft® Windows® Storage Server 2008 (Basic Edition)
File Access Protocols
- Form Factor
Number of Processors
Dual-core Intel® Celeron® G1101
- Internal Storage:
Capacity Options 1TB, 2TB, 4TB* or 8TB
Maximum Internal Storage:
Hot-Swap HD options:
Four 3.5" SATA drives
External HBAs (non-RAID):
- On-board Dual Gigabit LOM (Broadcom 5716 dual-port Gigabit Ethernet without TOE enabled)
- BMC, IPMI2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage featuring Dell Management Console
Unified Server Configurator
LifeCycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Data Protection Features
- RAID 5
Hot-swap hard drives
Windows VSS (Volume Snapshot Service)
440 x 218 x 521 (mm) (w/ bezel, w/ tower foot)
17.3" H x 8.6" W x 20.5" D (in)
AC Power/Max Current
- Single cabled power supply (375W)
The performance and protection your business deservesWhen it comes to networked file storage, your small business needs a true business solution — not a repurposed home-network product. With the PowerVault™ NX200, you get the reliability, security and consolidation benefits of an enterprise-class file-storage system — minus the enterprise complexity.
- Share files fast with high-speed Intel® processor, 2 GB of system memory and dual Gigabit network ports.
- Experience high reliability, thanks to enterprise-grade hard drives that support high mean time between failure (MTBF).
- Quickly recover data after an unexpected event or crash using optional Linear Tape-open (LTO) tape or RD1000 backup systems.
- Enjoy the reliability and availability benefits of a specialized RAID controller and high-quality system components.
Do-it-yourself file consolidationYou have better things to do than stress out about your file storage. The PowerVault NX200 is so simple you can order it, set it up and run it yourself. No headaches and no IT necessary.
- The NX200 is preconfigured for easy online ordering. You can have yours on its way to your office in just a few clicks.
- With the automated installation wizard, you can have your NX200 out of the box and up and running before your first meeting of the day.
- Proven, familiar software helps you quickly master system configuration and management tasks. Windows® Storage Server 2008 is a premier OS for small-business storage consolidation with unparalleled support. If you can use Windows, you can configure your Windows-powered NX200.
Introducing Dell ProSupportProfessional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical* - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour onsite* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell's proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Keep Your Hard Drive * - Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract - Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more
|Customization and Set-Up|
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Key challenges facing IT departments today include simplifying operations, planning and building for scalability and improving utilization of their existing systems. Dell’s Infrastructure Consulting Services suite is organized into focused practice areas that signify the intersection of these common customer challenges and our domain expertise – including Systems Management, Messaging, Databases, Virtualization/Consolidation, and Storage.
Go from factory to deployment with Dell storage installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and helps reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage consolidation helps you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership.
SAN Implementation Services
This Service includes the design, configuration, and implementation of Dell/EMC arrays to the hosts, as well as planning and project management for standard SAN deployments. This Service is available for Dell/EMC SAN solutions only and is not available for Dell PowerVault™ SAN or EMC SAN (non-Dell) solutions.
Backup and Recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Asset Recovery and Recycling Services
Proper disposal, reselling and donation of computer equipment is a time-consuming task that typically falls to the bottom of many IT to-do lists. Dell helps simplify the end-of-life processes for IT equipment in a way that can maximize value for your organization.
Add A Host
Dell provides for the design and implementation of a single Dell PowerEdge™ server or Dell PowerVault™ NAS (with approved Operating System versions) as an additional host into an existing SAN or DAS solution.
Add a JBOD
Dell provides for the basic design, installation and implementation of a single Dell Enclosure as additional storage into an existing Dell PowerVault™ Storage Area Network ("SAN") or Direct Attach Storage ("DAS") solution.
Dell Storage Basics Online Training Course
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity, and reduce end user requests and downtime.