Put the latest storage technology to work for you
The PowerVault™ NX3100 is a capacity-dense, dedicated network attached storage (NAS) solution that’s integrated with enhanced file-sharing software and designed to help smaller offices stay efficient and productive. The NX3100 is also flexible enough to support applications (block data) that help people with limited resources save time by eliminating the need to manage separate types of storage.
- Supports up to 24TB in a compact 2U chassis
- Expands up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell PowerVault, EqualLogic™ and EMC™ arrays
- Ships with everything you need — the automated initial setup and configuration wizard lets you easily set and forget
Share up to 384TB of files and applications in your office
The PowerVault NX3100 supports up to 24TB of internal capacity with 12 data drives in a compact, 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB serial-attached SCSI (SAS) or 1TB/2TB near-line SAS. You can also scale your system externally to keep pace with your growing office.
- Expand capacity up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell PowerVault, EqualLogic or EMC external arrays.
- Consolidate all your file-sharing resources for cross-platform collaboration with Network File System (NFS).
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
The NX3100 is a capacity-dense solution designed for sharing information across both files and block data. More flexibility means you can do more with less, cutting the systemwide deployment and management costs.
Storage technology that works for youThe factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 OS enhances the best file-serving features of Windows Server 2008 with advanced storage features for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent, file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS)
- Simplify quick access and replicate stored data across WAN/LAN environments with Distributed File System (DFS and DFS-R)
- Improve control over your files and resources for audit and planning purposes with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM)
Setup and manage your information with easeThe PowerVault NX3100 is easy to install and simple to run. Right out of the box, it has everything you need to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automate setup and configuration with the "initial configuration task" tool.
- Support multiple users through unlimited client-added licenses (CALs).
- Access your NAS remotely through iDRAC Enterprise.
- Windows® Storage Server 2008 Standard Edition
File Access Protocols
- CIFS, NFS, FTP
Type of Data Supported
File and Block
- 2U rack-mount
- Number of Processors
1 or 2
Intel® Xeon® E5506, 1.86GHz/4M, 2C 80W & 5620 procs
- 12, 3.5" data drives
(there are also two additional, 2.5" drives for the OS)
6GB, 12GB or 24GB DDR3
Max Internal Capacity
24TB raw (with near-line SAS)
SAS (15K): 450GB, 600GB
Near-line SAS (7.2K): 1TB, 2TB*
- H700 (internal drives), H800 (external drives)
Hardware RAID Levels (factory-installable options)
R1 + R5/R1 + R6
Hardware RAID Levels (custom-configurable options)
0, 1, 5, 10, 50, 6
- Dell OpenManage™ featuring Dell Management Console
Optional iDRAC Enterprise or Native Java RDP plug-in
Data Protection Features
- SIS, DFS-R, Snapshots (VSS)
- 3.42 H x 17.53 W x 26.17 D (in)
86.7 H x 445.2 W x 664.6 D (mm)
PowerVault, EqualLogic and EMC arrays (DAS and SAN)
2 x4 PCIe + 1 x8 PCIe
Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, Hot-plug redundant cooling
No cluster support
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for 4-post racks, static
ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks
Dell offers services across the storage lifecycle that can help you plan a storage solution aligned with your IT objectives, efficiently implement the technology into your business and help maintain your storage solution at peak performance to support your critical business operations.
Plan - Design and Assess
Whether you're consolidating disparate data stores onto a SAN platform for the first time, or adding platforms to support growing storage requirements, Dell's experienced SAN professionals can help you choose the right technology to meet the demands of your scalable enterprise.
- Infrastructure Consolidation Readiness Assessment Analyses existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a server or storage consolidation.
- Consolidation Planning and Validation Develops a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.
Implement - Deploy, Train and Recover
Dell provides a choice of deployment service offerings ranging from as needed, over-the-phone consultation and remote assistance to on-site project management and deployment services for complex storage migration and consolidation initiatives.
- On-site or remote installation of your complete Dell storage system is highly recommended. By allowing Dell to provide installation, you can help reduce the time required to get your system up and running, while making efficient use of your employees' time.
- Remote Installation for the Dell NX4 provides customers with an alternative to on-site installation for direct attach or Dell NX4 configurations. By using a combination of Phone and Remote support, Dell technicians can assist customers with all aspects of configuring Windows hosts to access the Dell NX4. This service is only available for those configurations deemed "customer installable" and applies only to Windows configurations.
- Getting your IT resources quickly up-to-speed on any new technology is essential in today's fast-past business environment. Dell's comprehensive on-line or on-site training courses will arm your IT staff with the skills they need to proficiently manage your new Dell NX4.
Maintain - Support and Optimize
After your Dell NX4 is fully operational, Dell can help keep it running smoothly. Dell ProSupport services can help you maximize your SAN's availability and performance.
- Operations Performance Benchmarking Innovative management tools and processes, providing customers with unprecedented visibility into their IT operations and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- ECC Real-time Tracking Window A real-time web based tool that allows customers to track the real-time position and status of every open incident they are experiencing around the world, without picking up the phone.
SAN Maintenance Service is designed to provide periodic health checks, updates and upgrades for your SAN system throughout your Limited Warranty period. We can analyse your system for overall health and provide software and system updates and upgrades. We can also provide how-to assistance for configuring or installing SAN components through our Enterprise Assistance program. For ongoing performance, dependability, changing demands and challenges, the SAN Maintenance service is the smart choice for your SAN system maintenance.
1 Technician, replacement part or unit (depending on service contract) will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions (on site and/or next business day service not available in some locations) and terms of service contract. Service timing dependent upon time of day call placed to Dell. Defective unit must be returned or paid for. Replacements may be refurbished.
2 Technician, replacement part or unit (depending on service contract) will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting.
3 The defective hard drive must still be covered by the hardware limited warranty.
4 Limited Warranty coverage for the Dell NX4 is available for up to three (3) years with initial purchase of the product and may be extended for up to one (1) additional year with purchase of a separate warranty extension plan prior to the expiration of the original limited warranty2 purchased for the product. The exact length of the Limited Warranty coverage period will be reflected on your packing slip or invoice.
– Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection ||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Proactive Maintenance - Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
Additional Service Offerings
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skill sets for company compliance, the Dell Certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.