Ready for the toughest of environments
Regardless of location or terrain, the rugged Dell Latitude E6420 ATG helps to boost your productivity while delivering the durability, productivity, security and convenient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family laptops.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Stylishly armored top to bottom with a hard-wearing, MIL-STD 810G tested Tri-Metal™ design, powder-coated magnesium alloy base, spill-resistant keyboard, port cover protection and optional easy-to-carry handle
- Quad core processing, discrete graphics and reinforced, outdoor-viewable 14" HD, resistive touch screen options that is ready for use even with the glove-required toughest of jobs
- Backlit keyboard, extended battery and media bay options for outstanding productivity
Redesigned for work in your worldRegardless of location or terrain, the durable Dell Latitude E6420 ATG is ready for the toughest of jobs with its top to bottom, stylishly armored MIL-STD 810G-tested Tri-Metal™ design, highly durable powder-coated magnesium base, spill-resistant keyboard and port covers for added protection from dust and weather.
Equipped with an optional easy-to-carry handle, the E6420 ATG makes a convenient travel companion. Its extra-bright 14" HD reinforced display makes viewing outdoors easy while the optional backlit keyboard helps you stay productive when in flight or in low-light settings. The resistive touchscreen offers an alternative to typing for input and responds even when wearing protective gloves.
Just as tough on the inside, the E6420 ATG is packed with quad core processing performance, discrete graphics and long battery life with 4- and 6-cell ExpressCharge™ battery options combined hot swappable USB 3.0, battery, optical and hard drive for outstanding productivity while working out in the field.
As a member of the Latitude E-Family, the E6420 ATG provides extensive durability, go-anywhere productivity, confident security and the efficient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family.
Design that’s built to lastDoing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work style. Latitude E-Family laptops combine world-class design with durability to perform, wherever business takes you.
- Get protection from harsh environments, including extreme temperatures, humidity and dust, thanks to stringent MIL-STD 810G and IP5X testing and protective port covers.
- Look sharp while working hard thanks to the Tri-Metal™ design and anodized brushed aluminum LCD finish and reinforced magnesium alloy wrapped corners that are tested to endure a 30" drop.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Appreciate the fine details from strong steel hinges and zinc alloy display latch to the durable powder-coated magnesium underside that helps guard against nicks and scratches.
Go-anywhere productivityGet long-lasting power and performance to make your job easier, whether you are in the office or on the road. Latitude E-Family laptops are built with your business in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity.
- Stay productive with a variety of battery life options, including a 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell and 9-cell (87Wh) 3-year limited hardware warranty Lithium Ion battery options.
- Multitask at the speed of business with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory and Intel®UMA or NVIDIA® graphics.
- Communicate effectively worldwide with built-in webcam, array microphones that help provide better sound quality and a high-performing antenna for ideal mobile broadband connections.
- Work in your comfort zone with a multi-touch display and 180-degree LCD movement.
- Type anywhere with the only commercial laptop to offer a backlit keyboard option.
Confident securityEnjoy seamless integration into your IT environment and rest easy knowing that Latitude E-Family laptops — and your company data — are secure and protected anywhere in the world.
- Know your data is secure with Dell’s Data Protection Encryption and encrypted hard drive options.
- Protect your data from the unexpected mishaps with Dell Fast Response Free-Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™.
- Control who has access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, Dell Data Protection Access, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Help prevent system viruses and contain data leaks with port control options.
Management made easyManage and maintain your fleet of Latitude E-Family laptops with ease from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confidently plan future product roll-outs with Dell Latitude’s long lifecycles, transitions and ImageWatch™ advance look at software and hardware changes.
- Easily customize your laptop with USB 3.0, battery, optical and hard drive internal media module options and upgrade or service key components conveniently via one single access door.
- Know you have a partner with Dell for maintaining and supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable and globally focused service and support and Dell KACE™ easy to use systems management appliances.
- Intel® Core™ i7 (2760QM, 2640M)
Intel® Core™ i5 (2540M, 2520M)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-Bit
Windows® 7 Professional 32-Bit
Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit
Windows® 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Windows Vista® Business
Windows Vista® Home Basic
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000 NVIDIA® NVSTM 4200M (DDR3 512M)
Discrete Graphics with Optimus
- 14.0 HD (1366x768) Wide View Outdoor Viewable LED
14.0 HD (1366x768) Wide View Outdoor Viewable Resistive Touchscreen LED
*Both with impact resistant protective front glass
- Up to 750GB* hard drive (7200RPM)
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WIMAX 6250
Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 D
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/g/n 2x2)
Mobile Broadband* & GPS:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (GobiTM 3000) with A-GPS Dell WirelessTM 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo headphone/Microphone jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated FHD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (4) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots SmartCard Reader, optional Contactless
SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Dimensions & Weight:
Starting weight: 2.69kg / 5.92lbs (with 6-cell battery and airbay)
Width: 357.30mm / 14.07 (with port cover)
Height: (front/back) 29.00mm / 1.14 to 37.70mm/ 1.48 (with port cover)
Depth: 246.50mm / 9.70 (with port cover)
- Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
Dell can offer, via Local Partners, a wide range of Services to suit you and your business. Extensions to the parts or exchange warranty, upgrades to any service level required, International warranty, Installation Services, and other competitive items are available. Dell can also offer Custom Factory Integration (CFI) to customise hardware settings and add Asset Services.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.