10GbE Pass-Through module for Dell M-Series blades
Connecting to XAUI-based 10GbE mezzanine cards (10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through II) and KR-based 10GbE mezzanine cards and NDCs (10Gb Ethernet Pass-Through-k).
Dell™ M-Series blade customers enjoy increased flexibility of choice with more bandwidth and higher performance from the 10 Gigabit Ethernet Pass-Through I/O module. The I/O modules seamlessly integrate each PowerEdge™ server blade directly to your choice of external Ethernet infrastructure. In addition to improved I/O, the Ethernet pass-through module offers security benefits isolating server traffic to and from each independent server blade. Other features and benefits include:
Other Ethernet Options for Dell Blades
For other Ethernet I/O solutions, click here for available products.
32 total Ethernet ports: 16 internal (server) ports and 16 external (LAN) ports
1:1 Internal-external port pairs provide dedicated connections for isolated bandwidth between server and LAN
Ships with all 32-ports enabled
All external ports are hot-pluggable, enabling expansion without server interruption
All ports enabled standard
External ports also support 10Gb SFP+ LR optics and SFP+ Direct-Attach (copper) cables (0.5m, 1m, 3m, 5m, 7m)
Supported Adapters (by model):Adapter (NIC/CNA) support varies based on model of Pass Through
Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through II supports the following XAUI-based adapters:
Broadcom 57710 mezzanine card
Broadcom 57711 mezzanine card
Intel X520 mezzanine card
Intel X520-x/k mezzanine card
QLogic QME8142 mezzanine card
Emulex OCm10102-f-m mezzanine card
Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through-k supports the following KR-based adapters:
Brocade BR1741M-k mezzanine card
Broadcom 57712-k network daughter card (NDC)
Intel X520-x/k mezzanine card
Future 10Gb adapters for PowerEdge blade servers
Note: 1Gb NICs are not supported with either model of pass-through
- 10 Gigabit per second line speed per port, full duplex
- Connects Dell blade servers using 10 Gigabit Ethernet NIC blade mezzanine I/O cards to external switches
Great solution for Dell™ PowerConnect™, Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches as well as your choice of external Ethernet switches
- Dell 10Gb Ethernet Pass Through Modules are transparent to all Ethernet topologies, providing connectivity from Dell blades to any vendor’s external LAN switch
- Connect to any industry standard Ethernet compliant device
- Module is unmanaged – all management occurs via NIC firmware or O/S, or external switch Device status is available through the M1000e Chassis Management Controller (CMC)
Dell 10GbE-k Pass-Through Module performs a power on self-test and various ongoing diagnostics to ensure proper operation
Height: 272.75 mm
Width: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
2.6 kg without SFP’s; 3.0 kg with SFP’s
10GbE SFP+ Optical Transceiver, SR, LC Connector
10GbE SFP+ Optical Transceiver, LRM, LC Connector
1m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
3m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
5m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
7m SFP+ Direct Attach Cable Transceiver Assembly
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Please see limits associated with M1000e blade enclosure
- DC Input:
12V from shared power supplies in M1000e blade enclosure
- Approximately 20 Watts without SFP’s
- Approximately 28 Watts with SFP’s
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
- 7x24 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
Next, add Same-Day Response for faster resolution:
Same-Day Response — Ideal for customers using their Dell systems for time-sensitive operations or critical business functions. A Dell-trained technician will arrive onsite within 4 hours after problem determination, depending on location, to help get your system back in operation as rapidly as possible.
Lifetime Limited Warranty*
Select PowerConnect products carry a lifetime limited hardware warranty1 with Basic Hardware Service for life. Repair or replacement does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service and support provided by Dell ProSupport Services.
Customization and Set-Up
- Installation – Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either Same Day, 4 Hours or Next Business Day response.