48-Port Gigabit Ethernet Blade Switch
Data centers deploying blade servers requiring fewer switch modules in conjunction with increased server networking ports.
- 267 x 258 x 31mm (W x D x H)
10.5" x 10.2" x 1.2"
Approximate weight: 2.7kg, 5.8 lbs
- Spanning Tree (IEEE 802.1D) and Rapid Spanning Tree (IEEE 802.1w) with Fast Link Support
Multiple spanning trees (IEEE 802.1s)
Supports Virtual Redundant Routing Protocol (VRRP)
Optical transceiver diagnostics
- See M1000e Modular Server Enclosure Owner’s Manual
- Supports a simple switch mode to allow auto configuration of complex network settings
- Web-based management interface
- Industry-standard CLI accessible via Telnet, SSH or Local Serial Port
- SNMPv1, SNMP v2c and SNMPv3 supported
- 4 RMON groups supported (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- FTP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP and SCP transfers of firmware and configuration files
- Dual Firmware images on-board
- Multiple Configuration file upload/download supported
- Statistics for error monitoring and performance optimization including port summary tables
- BootP/DHCP IP address and configuration management supported
- Syslog remote logging capabilities
- Temperature sensors for environmental monitoring
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 0º C to 45º C
Storage Temperature: -20º C to 70º C
Operating Relative Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
Storage Relative Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing
Advanced 48-port blade switch offering from Dell
|The Dell Networking M6348 is one of the most advanced blade switch offerings from Dell™, with advanced core switching capabilities for today’s data center. This 48-port GbE Layer 3 switch supports stacking, offers integrated 10 Gigabit uplink ports and is IP version 6 (IPv6)-certified, enabling broader worldwide scalability.|
| ||High-performance stacking is supported for up to 12 systems, and advanced security and quality-of-service (QoS) features make this switch ideal for applications, such as server virtualization, Voice over IP (VoIP), Layer 3 routing, high-performance computing cluster (HPPC) and Internet SCSI (iSCSI) storage.|
| ||Advanced security: The switch can support Access Control Lists (ACLs), allowing the user to perform deep packet inspection. 802.1x port authentication offers both single and multiple host access. Further security is provided through denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention, whereby the switch can help protect against common network attacks and CPU attacks.|
High density: Delivering extreme rack density in a bladed form factor, the Dell Networking M6348 is designed to give users the flexibility to maximize blade server connectivity in a 0U form factor. Up to 192 nonredundant servers can be connected in a stack of 12 M6348 series blade switches to provide the maximum density, flexibility and manageability.
Integrated 10 GbE: The Dell Networking M6348 provides excellent performance for GbE and additionally provides four integrated ports of 10 GbE. Two SFP+ ports can be used to aggregate and deliver I/O (input/output) over optical connections at greater distances or to top-of-rack switches over short reach connections. Two CX4 ports are also available as 10GbE connections or can alternatively be used to stack up to 12 M6348 switches.
Advanced QoS: The Dell Networking M6348 offers flexibility in QoS by giving network administrators the ability to prioritize time-critical network traffic based on a variety of user-defined criteria. Administrators can expedite traffic based on L2 or L3 information, such as IP QoS, and provide greater control over traffic flow within the network. Voice virtual LANs (VLANs) are provided specifically for VoIP applications.