Put the latest storage technology to work for you.
Share up to 576TB of Files and Application Data.
- Grow capacity internally up to 36TB, using 12 data drives in a compact 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB SAS or 1TB/2TB/3TB near-line SAS. The NX3100 system grows with your business needs.
- Expand capacity externally with a wide selection of Dell’s PowerVault™ arrays for up to 576TB maximum capacity.
- Manage your data with the built-in data management software. Create policy based actions to move, backup or otherwise manage the lifecycle of your data.
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
Storage technology that works for youThe NX3100 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and software to keep your storage network highly efficient. The factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows® Server 2008 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Choose higher-capacity or higher-performance with select SAS, near-line SAS and SATA hard drives.
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS).
- Access information faster through Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces.
- Share files across Windows and non-Windows clients with CIFS (SMB 2.0) and NFS.
Set Up and Manage with EaseThe PowerVault™ NX3100 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automates setup and configuration with the “initial configuration task” tool.
- Supports unlimited users through included client-added licenses (CALs).
- Manages your information remotely through a web-based browser using Remote Desktop and the Microsoft Management Console.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell™ Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of recurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.
Dell offers services across the storage lifecycle that can help you plan a storage solution aligned with your IT objectives, efficiently implement the technology into your business and help maintain your storage solution at peak performance to support your critical business operations.
Plan - Design and Assess
Whether you're consolidating disparate data stores onto a SAN platform for the first time, or adding platforms to support growing storage requirements, Dell's experienced SAN professionals can help you choose the right technology to meet the demands of your scalable enterprise.
- Infrastructure Consolidation Readiness Assessment Analyses existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a server or storage consolidation.
- Consolidation Planning and Validation Develops a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.
Implement - Deploy, Train and Recover
Dell provides a choice of deployment service offerings ranging from as needed, over-the-phone consultation and remote assistance to on-site project management and deployment services for complex storage migration and consolidation initiatives.
- On-site or remote installation of your complete Dell storage system is highly recommended. By allowing Dell to provide installation, you can help reduce the time required to get your system up and running, while making efficient use of your employees' time.
- Remote Installation for the Dell NX4 provides customers with an alternative to on-site installation for direct attach or Dell NX4 configurations. By using a combination of Phone and Remote support, Dell technicians can assist customers with all aspects of configuring Windows hosts to access the Dell NX4. This service is only available for those configurations deemed "customer installable" and applies only to Windows configurations.
- Getting your IT resources quickly up-to-speed on any new technology is essential in today's fast-past business environment. Dell's comprehensive on-line or on-site training courses will arm your IT staff with the skills they need to proficiently manage your new Dell NX4.
Maintain - Support and Optimize
After your Dell NX4 is fully operational, Dell can help keep it running smoothly. Dell ProSupport services can help you maximize your SAN's availability and performance.
- Operations Performance Benchmarking Innovative management tools and processes, providing customers with unprecedented visibility into their IT operations and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- ECC Real-time Tracking Window A real-time web based tool that allows customers to track the real-time position and status of every open incident they are experiencing around the world, without picking up the phone.
SAN Maintenance Service is designed to provide periodic health checks, updates and upgrades for your SAN system throughout your Limited Warranty period. We can analyse your system for overall health and provide software and system updates and upgrades. We can also provide how-to assistance for configuring or installing SAN components through our Enterprise Assistance program. For ongoing performance, dependability, changing demands and challenges, the SAN Maintenance service is the smart choice for your SAN system maintenance.
1 Technician, replacement part or unit (depending on service contract) will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions (on site and/or next business day service not available in some locations) and terms of service contract. Service timing dependent upon time of day call placed to Dell. Defective unit must be returned or paid for. Replacements may be refurbished.
2 Technician, replacement part or unit (depending on service contract) will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting.
3 The defective hard drive must still be covered by the hardware limited warranty.
4 Limited Warranty coverage for the Dell NX4 is available for up to three (3) years with initial purchase of the product and may be extended for up to one (1) additional year with purchase of a separate warranty extension plan prior to the expiration of the original limited warranty2 purchased for the product. The exact length of the Limited Warranty coverage period will be reflected on your packing slip or invoice.
– Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection ||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Proactive Maintenance - Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
Additional Service Offerings
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skill sets for company compliance, the Dell Certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
| ||Upgrade to Dell ProSupport|
Hardware and software support when you need it, where you need it.
Learn More ›