Powerful standards-based and ISV-certified rack workstation
The Dell™ Precision™ R5500 rack workstation packs the power and scalability your work demands into a secure, space-efficient rack chassis with cutting-edge remote capability.
Why a rack? Because your work demands it.
Get true workstation performance, minus the workstation.
Never compromise your productivity. Dell Precision R5500 offers true workstation-class components, giving you the tireless performance you need to get the job done.
Technology features include:
- Powerful Intel® Xeon® processor options with up to six cores to help boost your work output
- Windows® 7 Professional.
- Top-level performance with optional dual graphics cards or dual GPGPU cards and up to 450W of available graphics power
- Superb flexibility with options for up to five standard, full-length, full-height PCIe x16 cards
- Up to 192GB* of system memory, enabling high productivity on even the largest data sets
- Up to five SATA drives and up to six SAS drives to provide ample storage capacity for your large projects
- Independent software vendor (ISV)-certification on the applications that matter most to you, helping to ensure that you can deliver mission-critical projects without delay
- Optional dual redundant power supplies to help keep you up and running
Work powerfully from virtually anywhere.The Wyse P25 is designed to give your workforce seamless remote access to the R5500
- 1:1 access via the P25 zero client and Tera 2 host card provides the highest level of performance and a superb remote user experience.
- PC-over-IP hardware-based compression transfers only the rendered graphics pixel data over the network, ensuring a fast and responsive user experience.
Help improve ROI with workstation virtualization
- Enable up to two concurrent users to access a single R5500 from virtually anywhere
- The combination of the Citrix® XenServer™ with HDX 3D Pro enables the virtualized workstation environment with a dedicated discrete graphics card per user or virtual machine.
- Support for two NVIDIA® Quadro® 2000 mid-range graphics cards up to the Quadro 6000
Get service and support beyond your expectations.
Exceptional work requires exceptional hardware. While your Dell Precision R5500 is designed for peak performance from day one, Dell’s advanced service and support options can help you get up and running quickly and reduce downtime in the event of an unexpected issue.
- Intel® Xeon® 6-Core (X5690, X5675, X5650, E5645)
Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (X5687, X5647, E5620, E5507, E5606, E5603)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows 7 Professional, No Media, 64-bit, English
Windows 7 Ultimate, No Media, 64-bit, English
Windows 7 Professional, w XP Mode, No Media, 64-bit, English
Windows 7 Ultimate, w XP Mode, No Media, 64-bit, English
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® version 6 (v5.5 supported) (Please contact your Dell Sales Representative to customize the product with Linux operating system option)
- Intel 5520
- Up to 192GB of 1066MHz or 96GB2 of 1333MHz ECC Registered DIMM memory (maximum memory requires dual processors installed and Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Windows 7 64-bit). Three-channel memory architecture. 6 DIMM slots available per processor for a maximum of 12 DIMM slots for dual processor configurations. The 2nd processor has an integrated memory controller, which provides an additional 3 channels of memory bandwidth.
- One or two PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 discrete graphics cards supporting 450W maximum combined power.
High End 3D:
NVIDIA® Quadro® 6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5000
NVIDIA® Quadro® 5000
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Quadro 600
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 300
GPU (Graphics Processing Unit for High-Performance Computing):
NVIDIA Tesla C2075 – Supports Nvidia Maximus™ technology
NVIDIA Tesla C2050
- Up to five 6.3cm (2.5) SATA hard drives:
250GB, 500GB or 1TB SATA 3.0Gbit/s 7200 RPM
Up to six 6.3cm (2.5) SAS hard drives:
600GB or 900GB SAS 10k RPM
146GB SAS 15k RPM
- Integrated SATA 3.0GB/s controller that supports host-based (software) RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 (Windows only)
Optional SAS 6ir PCIe controller card that supports host-based (software) RAID 0, 1
Optional SATA / SAS Perc 6i PCIe controller card that supports hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
Ports, Slots & Chassis
4 - USB 2.0
1 - Serial
1 - Audio in
1 - Audio out
2 - RJ-45
1 - System ID Button
1 - System ID LED
1 - CMA remote LED connector
2 - USB 2.0
1 - System ID Button
1 - System ID LED
1 - HDD LED
1 - LAN LED
4 - Diagnostic LED
1 - USB 2.0
Inches : 3.40” x 17.35” x 29.67” (31.21” w/ bezel)
Cms : 8.63 x 44.06 x 75.36 (79.27 w/ bezel)
Performance flat-panel displays, Dell UltraSharp™ widescreen and standard flat-panel displays from 17" viewable to 30" viewable
Dell Enhanced Quietkey™ USB; Enhanced Multimedia USB; Smart Card keyboard USB
Dell USB two-button mouse and Dell USB optical two-button scroll mouse
Dell two- and three-piece stereo system; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays
- Base: 3-Year Limited Hardware Warranty* with 3-year standard Next Business Day Service after Remote Diagnosis*
Recommended: Dell ProSupport* is designed to rapidly respond to your business’s needs, help protect your
investment and sensitive data, and provide enhanced proactive support services to help reduce risk and complexity within your IT environment
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2); Chassis intrusion switch, Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Front bezel key lock
- One or two, redundant, hot-pluggable, 1100 watt 88% (80 Plus® Gold Certified) efficient power supply
- Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: China - RoHS, CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service