Big on features, not on price.
An affordable laptop with up to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 8, a 39.6 cm (15.6) display and a 10-key number pad, all in an incredibly thin design. Add an optional touch screen.
Complete your to-do list faster and more efficiently with up to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 8 and optional discrete graphics.
Find Out More
Never be without your digital entertainment. The Inspiron 15 is equipped with a DVD-RW drive and a spacious hard drive to store your music, movies and pictures.
Find Out More
Windows 8 was designed especially for touch — the fluid new interface gives you the look and feel of a tablet, but with the powerful capabilities of a PC. Swipe and tap through your morning news. Zoom in and out of images using gesture. Anything you do on the Inspiron 15 feels more fun when you add the optional 15.6” touch screen.
Find Out More ›
Starting at about 2.54 cm thin, the Inspiron™ 15 is sleek and portable. And its textured lid and palmrest design makes it as stylish as it is mobile.
Find Out More >
Expandable and compatible
The Inspiron15 features four USB ports, a memory card reader and an HDMI 1.4 port.
Find Out More >
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
• Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
• Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
• Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
• Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
• Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
• Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Complete your Inspiron experience.
Your Inspiron laptop is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Your Inspiron laptop comes preloaded with anti-virus and video conference software to help you stay protected and connected.
We’re here and ready to help. With 24x7 Phone Support, you’ll get “how to” support for operating system and common software applications, plus assistance related to anti-virus setup, data transfer, data backup and wireless network device setup.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell™ monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-on one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop’s mobile potential.
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4 processing
Built-in digital microphone
- Tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- 4-cell/2.8Ah (40 WHr) Lithium Ion
6-cell/3.0Ah (65 WHr) Lithium Ion (opt)
- Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(2) USB 2.0
Combination headphone/microphone jack
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
Multi-media Card Reader
Digital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) with UHS 50MB/Sec
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
Memory Stick XC (MSXC)
Multi Media Card (MMC)
Multi Media Card plus (MMC+) Supported in MMC compatibility mode only
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 376mm (14.8)
Height: 24.9mm (0.98) front / 25.3mm (1.0) rear with 4-cell/40 WHr battery
Depth: 259mm (10.2)
Starting weight of 2.25 kg (4.96 lbs) with 4-cell/40 WHr battery
Dell Wireless-N 1705 @ 2.4GHz + Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated Ethernet 10/100