A feast for all your senses.
Beveled edges, a backlit keyboard and state-of-the-art multimedia make this a smart choice for those who desire advanced laptop technology.
|Dell Express Ship Affiliate|
Get your favorite Dell product delivered
to you in just 3 simple steps.
|Need help before you buy?|
Get live answers from a Dell sales
|Premium phone support|
A sleek, sub-25.4mm thin forged aluminum design with diamond-cut beveled edges is just one of the premium features you'll find on the new Inspiron 15. It's easy on the eyes and feels great to hold. The backlit keyboard makes working in low-light environments much easier - it spoils you for anything less. And the optional edge-to-edge touch display uses Corning® Gorilla® NBT™ Glass to complete a truly breathtaking laptop.
Multimedia the way it was meant to be
The Full HD 39.6cm (15.6) display with available touch screen has 300-nit brightness, 97% more pixels than HD and 50% brighter than the previous-generation Inspiron 15.Additionally, the 160-degree viewing angle means your display looks clear and crisp from almost any seat.
Waves MaxxAudio® Pro brings crisp, rich sound to your favorite music, movies and videos.
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M discrete graphics (optional) give you the muscle you need for responsive gaming and video edits.
Do more and plug-in less with powerful, efficient 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors.
Boost responsiveness with the versatile Windows 8 operating system. Power your social media, news and more and make multitasking a snap. A roomy, gesture-enabled touchpad and an optional 10-finger touch screen option make it even more intuitive.
Enable quick response times with up to 8GB memory* and keep your files at your fingertips with up to 1TB HDD and available options.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
• Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
• Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
• Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
• Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
• Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
My Dell is an easy-to-use support tool that consolidates the information you need about your PC.
Proactive: Advice and alerts to let you know about issues before they happen, and tools to fix issues if they arise.
Simple: Easy access to Dell support, warranty information and services to help you save time and reduce hassle.
Trustworthy: Dell Back-up and Recovery provides flexible, automated backup and recovery to ensure your precious pictures, music and files remain safe. This facility is accessible through the My Dell interface
Essential accessories for your Inspiron 15
You can maximize the versatility and performance of your Inspiron 15 with essential accessories that can help you stay on the go and be more productive at home. When you’re on the go, protect your Inspiron 15 with a carrying case or sleeve and take along a wireless mouse. For a more traditional desktop setup, connect to a Dell productivity dock, virtually borderless monitor, and wireless keyboard and mouse.
We’re here and ready to help. With 24x7 Premium Phone Support, you’ll get “how to” support for operating system and common software applications, plus assistance related to anti-virus setup, data transfer, data backup and wireless network device setup.
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
- Windows 8 Single Language, English (64bit)
- Windows 8, English (64bit)
- Windows 8 Pro, English (64bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04 SP1
- Windows 8.1 Single Language (64Bit) English
- Windows 8.1 (64Bit) English
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) English
- 4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1)
- 6GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1 + 2GBx1)
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)
- 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
- Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Optional NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M 2GB GDDR5
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB DDR5
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro processing
Built-in digital microphone
- Optional external tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- Prismatic (58 WHr) Lithium Ion
- Integrated 1.0MP Widescreen HD Webcam with noise-canceling dual digital array microphones
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AGN + Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated Ethernet 10/100/1000
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(4) USB 3.0 incl. 1 with PowerShare
Combination headphone/ microphone jack
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
Multi-media Card Reader
Digital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) with UHS 50MB/Sec
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
Memory Stick XC (MSXC)
Multi Media Card (MMC) - Multi Media Card plus (MMC+) supported in MMC compatibility mode only xD
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 379.4mm (14.9)
Height: 20.5mm (0.8)with HD non-touch display / 22.2mm (0.9) with optional touch display
Depth: 254.8mm (10.0)
Starting weight of 2.6 Kg with optional touch display