Dell Precision M4500
Creative professionals whose work demands mobility.
Maximized PerformanceWorking "on the go" has never been so powerful and productive. A robust mobile workstation, the Dell Precision™ M4500 features:
- Windows® 7 Ultimate
- Advanced 3D graphics featuring NVIDI® Quadro® FX 880M or Quadro FX 1800M graphics engine with 1GB of dedicated graphics memory for demanding tasks such as video editing, animation and CAD manipulation.
- Intel® Core™ i5, Core i7 and Core i7 Quad Extreme Edition processors for number crunching performance.
- 3 years long-life battery to maximize productivity.
- 15.6" (40 cm) high resolution displays including the 100 percent Adobe® Color Gamuts RGB LED display.
- Choice of 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, including Red Hat® Linux® , designed to take advantage of a range of workstation applications.
- Comprehensive security and data protection features such as a preboot, multifactor user authentication and hardware processed drive encryption.
Application EmpoweringISV-Certified Technology
Dell understands that professions requiring a mobile workstation also demand technical reliability and ease of integration. To that end, we:
- Partner with leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to certify system and application compatibility, right out of the box
- Conduct rigorous testing to ensure exceptional performance on every Dell Precision workstation
- Base every Dell Precision workstation on standards-based technologies
Mobility and High ScalabilityThe Dell Precision™ M4500 offers prodigious scalability for a 40 cm (15.6") mobile workstation. Each M4500 system is backed with a variety of innovative technologies to take on and keep up with the growing demands of the business world.
- Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit.
- Estimated starting weight of only 6.0 lbs/2.73 kg.
- Up to 256GB high-speed, highly reliable solid-state drives (SSDs), designed without moving parts to help improve data reliability.
- Innovative optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage.
- Easy wireless communication with WiFi, Bluetooth® and mobile broadband options.
- Dell Precision ON technology for near-instant access to email, calendar, contacts and the web, as well as easy access to virtual remote desktops.
Solutions for Total Control of Ownership
As part of the Dell™ E-Family product line, Dell Precision mobile workstations are compatible with existing E-Family accessories, including port replicators, notebook stands, display and monitor stands, and external storage modules.
Equipped with Intel® vPro™ technology and delivered with Dell ControlPoint™ software to help manage system settings and connections, the M4500 also embeds Dell ControlVault security, a Federal Information Processing Standards compliant (FIPS) fingerprint reader and a contactless smart-card reader. Together, these options provide a comprehensive solution that can help to strengthen and simplify security.
Dell Services, such as Dell ImageDirect™, custom factory integration (CFI), Dell ProSupport* and lifecycle services, are also available on Dell Precision mobile workstations, making the systems easy to manage, support and deploy.
- 39.6cm (15.6“) HD UltraSharp LED Display (1366x768) Resolution
39.6cm (15.6“) HD+ UltraSharp LED Display (1600x900) Resolution
39.6cm (15.6“) FHD LED Back-Lit Display (1920x1080) Resolution
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW, Blu Ray
- Power Supply:
130 Watt AC adapter
6 or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Weight & Dimensions:
Starting weight: 2.73 kg/6.0 lbs (with 6-cell battery)
Width: 374mm/ 14.72"
Height: (front/back) 29.1-36.1mm/ 1.15-1.42"
Depth: 253mm/ 9.96"
1394 4-pin, USB 2.0(x4), VGA, Display Port, RJ-45, Audio, eSATA
8-in-1 card reader; ExpressCard 34; PC Card
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.