Versatile value in a compact 1U chassis
The PowerEdge R415 is an AMD processor-based two-socket, 1U rack server for small and medium business and data center functions
- AMD Opteron™ 4100, 4200 and 4300 series processors
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V)
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V, a server role in Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
VMware® vSphere® ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- AMD (SR5670 and SP5100)
- Up to 256GB (8 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K)
3.5" SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Cabled Hard Drive Options:
3.5" SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 8TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to four 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 1 PCIe G2 slot + 1 storage slot:
One x16 slot
One Storage x4 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G
PERC S300 (software based)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6GB/s SAS HBA
- One Dual-Port Broadcom 5716 Gigabit NIC (total of two 1x GB ports)
- Intel® 10GBase-T Copper Single Port NIC, PCI-E x8
Intel PRO 1000 PT Single Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCI-E x1
Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel® Ethernet X520 DA2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Server Adapter
Intel® X520-T2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE and iSCSI Offload, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C 10/100/1000BASET Quad Port NIC
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ II 57711 Dual-Port SFP+/Direct Attach 10Gb Ethernet PCI-Express Network Interface Card with TOE and iSCSI Offload
Optional add-in CNA or FC HBAs:
BR1020 10G Converged Network Adapter (CNA) – dual port
Emulex LPe11002 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Emulex LPe1150 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12000 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12002 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Emulex OCE10102FXD, 10G PCI-e FCoE CNA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE220 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2460 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2462 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE2560 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2562 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE8152 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Brocade FC HBA BR815
Brocade FC HBA BR825
- Non-Redundant, 480W (80+ BRONZE)
Optional Redundant, 500W (80+ SILVER)
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, ECC memory, and Quad-pack LED diagnostic or interactive LCD only with hot-swap HDD chassis
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- 1.69 H x 17.09 W x 24.69 D (in)
43.0 H x 434.0 W x 627.1 D (mm- w/o ear, w/o bezel)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks)
ReadyRails™ static rails for 2-post and 4-post racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Lifecycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express, or iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Unified Server Configurator
Business value built in
Efficient from the inside outWe've designed the PowerEdge™ R415 to provide you with a number of time- and energy-saving features.
- Energy Smart technologies — including low-wattage processors, low-voltage dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) and high-efficiency fans that adjust spin rates according to server workload demands — help you manage power in your specific environment.
- Internal server shrouding and logical component layouts optimize the airflow direction to help cool the server.
- Energy-efficient power supplies use power effectively without compromising business productivity.
- All external ports, power supplies, and LED lights or LCD screens are located in the same area across the PowerEdge™ portfolio to ease usability, installation and administration.
- Compact chassis design helps you utilize space efficiently in your environment.
Easy to manageAs an IT professional, you don't have extra time to spend on routine management and maintenance tasks. That's why the Dell™ systems management portfolio focuses on two core principles to make your life easier: simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- Lifecycle Controller — integrated on the server, the optional Lifecycle Controller helps administrators perform provisioning functions, such as diagnostics, hardware configuration and system deployment in a pre-OS environment — all from a single interface called the Unified Server Configurator (USC). This helps eliminate excess CD/DVD media and helps get your server up and running fast.
- Dell™ Management Console — enjoy a consolidated view of your IT infrastructure through the Dell™ Management Console, part of the Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio and included with every Dell™ server.
- Optional interactive LCD screen — the PowerEdge™ R415 features an optional interactive LCD screen at the front of the server to ease setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help you address issues quickly to simplify day-to-day monitoring.
- Automated updates — to help ensure your systems stay running at their best, automatic update notifications from Support.Dell.com provide you the latest updates for firmware, drivers and BIOS.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus withSupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.
Solutions and Systems Management
Dell Desktop Virtualization Solutions
With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
Storage Area Network
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.