Mobile, manageable and made to last
Enjoy business-rugged performance with the redesigned Dell™ Latitude™ E6420. This laptop is built for the new mobile business class with the durability, security and convenient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family laptops.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Mobile versatility with 14" Full HD, multi-touch LED display, quad core and discrete graphics options
- Stylishly armored top to bottom with hard-wearing and MIL-STD 810G tested Tri-Metal™ casing, powder-coated base and spill-resistant keyboard
- Backlit keyboard, extended battery life and media bay options for outstanding productivity
Redesigned for work in your world
Design that’s built to lastDoing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work style. Latitude E-Family laptops combine world-class design with durability to perform, wherever business takes you.
- Get protection from extreme temperatures, vibration, dust and high altitudes with MIL-STD 810G tested laptops.
- Look sharp while working hard, thanks to the Dell Tri-Metal™ design with a hard-wearing anodized brushed aluminum LCD finish and reinforced magnesium alloy wrapped corners.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Appreciate the fine details, from strong steel hinges and zinc alloy display latch to the durable powder-coated underside that helps guard against nicks and scratches.
Go-anywhere productivityGet long-lasting power and performance to make your job easier, whether you are in the office or on the road. Latitude E-Family laptops are built keeping your business in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity.
- Stay productive with a variety of battery life options, including a 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell and 9-cell (97Wh) 3-year limited hardware warranty* Lithium Ion battery options.
- Multitask at the speed of business with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory and Intel®UMA or NVIDIA® graphics.
- Communicate effectively worldwide with built-in webcam, array microphones that help provide better sound quality and a high-performing antenna for ideal mobile broadband connections.
- Work in your comfort zone with a multitouch display and 180-degree LCD movement.
- Type anywhere with the only commercial laptop to offer a backlit keyboard* option.
Enjoy seamless integration into your IT environment and rest easy knowing that Latitude E-Family laptops — and your company data — are secure and protected anywhere in the world.
Efficient manageabilityManage and maintain your fleet of Latitude E-Family business-class laptops with ease from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confidently plan future product roll-outs with Dell Latitude’s long life cycles, transitions and ImageWatch™ advance look at software and hardware changes.
- Easily customize, select Latitude laptops with hard drive, battery, optical drives and USB 3.0 media modules.
- Upgrade or service key components conveniently via one single access door.
- Save time and money with Dell KACE™ easy to use systems management appliances.
- Know you have a partner with Dell for maintaining and supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable and globally focused service and support options.
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA® NVS™ 4200M (DDR3 512MB) Discrete Graphics with Optimus
- 14.0 HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare LED
14.0 HD (1366x768) LED w/2 finger multi-touch touchscreen
14.0 HD+ (1600x900) Anti-Glare LED
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options:
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
Intel® Centrino® Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250
Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/g/n 2x2)
Mobile Broadband & GPS Options:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (Gobi™ 3000) with A-GPS
Dell Wireless™ 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated HD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (4) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
SmartCard Reader, optional Contactless SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Dimensions & Weight*
Width: 13.86" / 352mm
Height: (front/back) 1.06"/26.90mm to 1.28"/32.40mm
Depth: 9.49" / 241.00mm
Starting weight: 4.56lbs / 2.07kg (with 4-cell battery and airbay)
Dual Pointing Keyboard: Standard or Backlit
Multi-touch Panel Option (2-finger touch)
- 4-cell (40Whr) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
6-cell (60Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
9-cell (97Wh) Lithium Ion battery
9-cell (87Wh) 3-year limited hardware warranty* Lithium Ion battery
9-cell (97Wh) Extended battery slice
3-cell (30Whr) E-Modular Bay II Battery
65 Watt or 90W AC Adapter (150 Watt AC Adapter for Halogen Free Offering)
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
- Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
Seamless Desktop Transitions: E-Port and E-Port PlusTransition seamlessly to a desktop environment with the new E-Port and E-Port Plus docking solutions featuring true hot docking and undocking capabilities. Both docking solutions provide an expansive compliment of USB, powered eSATA and graphics ports. Connect to networks, keyboards, monitors, and other peripherals quickly and easily instead of attaching cables every time.
Effortless Desktop Flexibility: E-Family Stands TestThe E-View Laptop Stand features enhanced adjustment design, which allows easy movement for both height and distance. E-View Laptop Stand is also a perfect companion to any flat panel. By leveraging the native LCD of your laptop, you can enjoy the productivity gain of an easy dual display setup.
Recent generation Dell flat-panel monitors can be easily mounted on this elegant stand through Dell quick disconnect mount. Third party and older generation Dell flat panel monitors can be mounted through an optional E-VESA® mount adapter.
The E-Legacy Extender can be snapped onto your E-Family notebooks through the docking connector and adds little weight to your system (0.45 lb or 0.21 kg). It is ideal for those who still rely on legacy ports (serial port, parallel port, or PS/2 port) regularly.