Manage BYOD without overloading IT
Exceptionally simple design for managing and securing wireless, wired and VPN access for virtually any device.
Secure access with automated featuresDell W-Series ClearPass enables you to securely onboard virtually any device onto any network. Ideal for bring-your-own-device (BYOD) provisioning and onboarding, it makes it easy for IT-issued and personal mobile devices to securely connect to any network by:
- Centralizing access policies across the entire network
- Automating differentiated user and device access
- Managing policies
- Provisioning devices for secure network access and posture assessment
ClearPass helps ensure that each user has the right access privileges based on who they are and what device they are using. It is essential when increasing the number of consumer devices connected to the network — Windows, Mac OS X®, iOS, Android™ and Linux — and when access is required by a broader range of users, including employees, visitors, customers and contractors. ClearPass features include:
- BYOD provisioning and onboarding framework for any network
- Automated onboarding for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android devices
- Enhanced policy decisions with endpoint visibility and contextual device profile information
- Scalable, easy-to-use visitor management system for secure guest access.
- Enterprise-class endpoint posture and health checks beyond basic network access control (NAC)
ClearPass Policy ManagerThe ClearPass Policy Manager platform is a comprehensive policy management solution that can secure next-generation mobility services, enhance network access security, and compliance and streamline network operations for wired, wireless and virtual private network (VPN) environments. Detailed network access privileges can be based on user role, device type and health of endpoint, time-of-day and more. ClearPass Policy Manager features:
- ClearPass Onboard, an application that helps simplify and automate the network onboarding process for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android mobile devices. It allows you to configure 802.1X settings, distribute and revoke unique device credentials and push important applications out to devices.
- ClearPass Guest, a scalable, easy-to-use visitor management application that offers secure wired and wireless network access to guests and their mobile devices. It helps you streamline IT workflow processes and enable non-IT staff to create temporary guest WiFi accounts.
- ClearPass OnGuard, an application that can provide advanced endpoint posture assessments and health checks to help ensure security compliance and network protection before devices connect. It allows you to enforce proper handling when anti-virus, peer-to-peer applications and USB storage devices are detected, including auto-remediation.
Choose hardware or software versionsThe W-Series ClearPass Access Management System is available as hardware appliances that are optimized to run W-Series ClearPass Policy Manager software, designed to eliminate any potential hardware incompatibility or performance issues.
ClearPass is also available as a virtual appliance that is supported on the following platforms:
- VMware ESXi Server 4.0+, 5.0+
- VMware ESX Server 4i, version 4.1.0+
- VMware Workstation (all versions)
- VMware Player 3.0+
- VMware Server 2.0+
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Enterprise
|W-Series ClearPass 25,000|
Easy-to-use guest-access and BYOD management that offers secure wireless network access that is scalable up to 25,000 concurrent users/devices.
|W-Series ClearPass 5,000|
Easy-to-use guest-access and BYOD management that offers secure wireless network access that is scalable up to 5,000 concurrent users/devices
|W-Series ClearPass 500|
Easy-to-use guest-access and BYOD management that offers secure wireless network access that is scalable up to 500 concurrent users/devices.
|W-Series ClearPass Modules|
With available licensing options to accommodate the needed number of users/devices, ClearPass is available pre-loaded to a Dell server or as a software-only option (virtual machine for VMware).