Dell PowerEdge 2321DS Console Switch
Sorry, this item is not available anymore for purchase online. Please see our recommended replacement product.
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ 2321DS console switch allows administrators to easily monitor and control multiple servers locally or remotely.
- Control up to 256 servers over a single connection
- Protected by the latest security standards
- Efficient design enables 0U mounting in a Dell rack
At a GlanceFlexibility — Access and control multiple servers from a single screen with Java-based software
Extensive connectivity — 32 CAT 5/RJ-45 ports
Ethernet or analog — With 10/100/1000T Ethernet or the integrated analog port
Powerful access — BIOS level control regardless of server OS functionality
Real convenience — One number to call for warranty and service support for entire infrastructures
A Convenient Alternative to KVM CablesThree Server Interface Pods (SIPs) — PS/2, USB or USB2 virtual media — are available to address a variety of connectivity needs. One SIP can replace a bulky KVM (keyboard video mouse) cable by converting the signals and driving them up to 50 feet through a single CAT 5 cable.
- SIP cable draws power from the server
- Designed to keep the server working properly even if the Dell 2321DS connection goes down
- Resolution up to 1024 x 768 locally or remotely
Convenient Cross-Platform ManagementDell Remote Console Software (RCS), a cross-platform management application, provides a single point of access for the entire system.
With RCS, administrators can easily configure the system and select servers to monitor.
The onboard Web interface offers management functions similar to the RCS. It’s launched directly from the switch and automatically detects connected servers. With the Web interface viewer, administrators can establish KVM control and virtual media sessions on selected devices.
- Easy-to-use, Java™ -based software
- Used remotely over an IP connection
- On-Screen Configuration and Activity Reporting (OSCAR) interface provides local (analog) control